Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Help! Error message when creating 600x900 pin!??

foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice   I was shocked this morning to get an error message when I was creating a new pin. This is exactly what the message said: "We recommend an image that is at least 1000 px x 1500 px. This image is 600 px x 900 px". I can tell you that this is upsetting to say the least...

In November 2018 I set off on a major chore to redo all my pins to meet the new 2:3 ratio implemented by Pinterest. I had over 120 recipes & made about 3 new pins for each using the 600x900 size. This was quite a marathon & took me a little over 1 year culminating in January 2020.

Then for all of 2020 I have been using the 600 x 900 size and I also use a 600 x 1260 size (so the pin looks a little longer) which I was told by Pinterest was an acceptable size & would not be truncated when visible on Pinterest.

1. When was this new 1000 x 1500 rule put into play?

2. Is this new size rule going to affect how our pins show up in feeds, in search and affect our stats etc?

Hoping to hear back from you guys a soon as you're able... thanks!

Has anyone else seen this or just want to chime in? @therealsouthamerica @AmericanoCrystals @owlbbaking @typicallytopical @andrealidesigns @simplepinmedia

1 Kudo
26 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef Hi there so......

I have decided to join and become a member of  @simplepinmedia Simple Pin Collective - loving it!❤️

I am no slouch when it comes to Pinterest and I have learned albeit through trial and error but I am definitely learning a lot from Kate....hands down.

In part of the training I discovered an answer to your question|concern 👉 Pin Sizing thanks to @tailwind 

Pinterest Sizing Chart for 2020

I think this will really help you - as far as the error message goes it could just be a glitch.

I hope this helps you .... Girlfriend Lisa😁

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey Simone! @foodiehomechef 

That is definitely odd to see. I agree with Lisa @therealsouthamerica  that it may be a glitch. We aren't seeing this message with our 600x900 at the time I am typing this 😅

Hopefully, a glitch. 🤞

-Tabby

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@therealsouthamerica Lisa! That's so exciting! I just realized the new Lisa in our group is YOU! Thank you so much for the compliments of SPM. I passed on your kind words to Kate. ❤️

-Tabby

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@simplepinmedia Its ME 👋 Lisa😁

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica   That Pinterest sizing chart was written at Tailwind back in August, this message I'm receiving just started cropping up about 5 days ago. I'm not the only one that's getting this message. Actually it was someone else who wrote to me asking about this message & I hadn't seen it until she brought it to my attention!

Going to check out the Simple Pin Collective... Thanks Lisa, you're the best!

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Hey Tabby, thanks for chiming in. As I was telling Lisa I don't think this is a glitch, as I'm not the only one that's getting this message. Actually it was someone else who wrote to me asking about this message & I hadn't seen it until she brought it to my attention!

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef Hi - I didn't realize someone else had it as well. I guess waiting for a response is a good idea. 

I have not encountered the error message before.

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
BryannaVPH
Just visiting

Just chiming in here, that we have been experiencing this error message too with a few of our Pinterest clients. Not all of them, but some. I am patiently awaiting to see what kind of answer you get, @foodiehomechef 

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica    I'm hearing crickets from Gabby (lol), wondering why.

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@BryannaVPH   Hi Bryanna, thanks so much for adding your comments, I'm glad to know that it's happening to more than just me & a friend of mine. Hoping to hear from @PinterestGabby soon.

0 Kudos