Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Help! Error message when creating 600x900 pin!??

foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice   I was shocked this morning to get an error message when I was creating a new pin. This is exactly what the message said: "We recommend an image that is at least 1000 px x 1500 px. This image is 600 px x 900 px". I can tell you that this is upsetting to say the least...

In November 2018 I set off on a major chore to redo all my pins to meet the new 2:3 ratio implemented by Pinterest. I had over 120 recipes & made about 3 new pins for each using the 600x900 size. This was quite a marathon & took me a little over 1 year culminating in January 2020.

Then for all of 2020 I have been using the 600 x 900 size and I also use a 600 x 1260 size (so the pin looks a little longer) which I was told by Pinterest was an acceptable size & would not be truncated when visible on Pinterest.

1. When was this new 1000 x 1500 rule put into play?

2. Is this new size rule going to affect how our pins show up in feeds, in search and affect our stats etc?

Hoping to hear back from you guys a soon as you're able... thanks!

Has anyone else seen this or just want to chime in? @therealsouthamerica @AmericanoCrystals @owlbbaking @typicallytopical @andrealidesigns @simplepinmedia

1 Kudo
26 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef 

Good Morning Friend ❤️

To be honest when I am using Adobe | Canva I have always used 1000x1500 and on Canva when creating my board covers I use 150x150 and as you will in the little video Canva actually recommends a different size for Board Covers. I have been using this sizing consistently. I have to say I think sometimes it really depends on what your pinning and the size that works best for that pin in the moment.

There were discussions earlier this year about Board cover: Dimensions & another discussion Get your Pin image NOTICED as a board cover! 

I also found this little piece on Google:

A little info. from Google 

I don't think using that size is a problem if I remember some of the discussion threads on here a lot of other people use the same size and some had a similar error message Help! Error message when creating 600x900 pin!?? What pin sizes work the best? 

I hope this helps - let me know if you need anything because yes resizing everything would be a huge chore and pain.

Lisa💕

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamericaThanks Lisa! Yeah I've read those posts that you linked to, heck I even wrote one of them lol.

I'm looking forward to hearing from the managers as to what's what before I do anything❣️

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef Hi - no worries I just thought it make you feel better.

To be honest there are so many opinions about Pin sizes I really just get confused.

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica  You & me both GF all the info about pin sizes can make a person go bonkers! lol

Sending Christmas hugs across the miles, Simone 🎄🤗

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef Right? Re Pin Sizes.....

Big Christmas hugs back, Lisa🌴🤗

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi @foodiehomechef 

I haven't get any message about the ratio so far.

But anyways I totally agree with @therealsouthamerica 

I don't think it would make a big change.

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@AmericanoCrystals  Hey there Sophia, thanks for chiming in. The error message is not a pop-up message... you'll see it below the pin image when you're creating a new pin. Here's a screenshot:PBC Create Pin Size SS.jpg

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@foodiehomechef hey! 

Thank you for clarifying, I will look into it

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Hey Sophia, let me know if you see the message next time you create a new pin. Still waiting to hear from the managers @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

0 Kudos