Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Growing your audience as a blogger

askthechefblog
Just visiting

Hi Guys,

I recently started a foodblog (askthechefblog.com) and I'm constantly on the look out to grown my audience :D.

Can anyone help me how to do this properly with Pinterest?

Have a great day!

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi there!
I wish you good luck with your new blog.
First of all you should find some popular food bloggers on Pinterest. Check out their profiles and get some ideas for your boards and start pinning! Remember always pin to relevant pins to relevant boards. Add descriptions to each of your Pins and remember to include related keywords.
Hope it helps, Sophia

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
7 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi there!
I wish you good luck with your new blog.
First of all you should find some popular food bloggers on Pinterest. Check out their profiles and get some ideas for your boards and start pinning! Remember always pin to relevant pins to relevant boards. Add descriptions to each of your Pins and remember to include related keywords.
Hope it helps, Sophia

4 Kudos
melissanikohl
Just visiting

Everything Sophia said and find a way to pin consistently. When pinning, think about when people would be searching for your content. So post content around holidays/seasons a month or more before the holiday or season begins.  

3 Kudos
realsouthamerica
Just visiting

@askthechefblog @AmericanoCrystals @melissanikohl hello everything that has been said by AmericanCrystals and melissanikohl and really make sure that your boards | pins are relevant to what your blogging about - I am launching my travel blog on Friday realsouthamericanliving.com and I have tried to ensure that all of my boards are related to travel and life in South America of course that isn't always 100% possible but I do my best and so far it has really helped. 

Are you on Instagram?

Lisa😀

2 Kudos
girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

Hola @askthechefblog! All the very best for your new blog! ^_^ 

The simplest yet the most effective thing you can do is to set up your business profile properly and optimize it well with relevant keywords. In my experience a well set up and optimized account is key to generating traffic!

Hope this helps.

- Girl Meets The World

4 Kudos
askthechefblog
Just visiting

Hi @girlmeetstheworld

How do I know I’m adding the right keywords?

I’m constantly adding keywords that are related to cooking, is this enough?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
florasalmons6823

On the very first step it might seem little bit hard but it shouldn't discourage you, give some time for your Pinterest profile and I would recomment you

-Pin consistently at least 5x per day

-Write keyword-rich descriptions and boards. Use Pinterest like the search engine it is. Make sure your pin descriptions are on point. Use rich pins to add more information to each post.

-Design images at the proper size.

I do these things my website Cricket News and pins was s grow 

1 Kudo