Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Get your Pin image NOTICED as a board cover!

foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades
Labels (4)

When you design a Pinterest Pin that is 600 x 900 (or longer)... put your graphic/photo that is 600 x 600 at the top. WHY? Because it will look great if you use it as one of your board covers & also it may have a better chance of someone (like me) choosing your pin to use as one of MY board covers which gives YOU more exposure. 

I try not to use any text in the 600 x 600 picture, as to my eye... it looks better as a board cover. Go to my Pinterest page https://www.pinterest.com/foodiehomechef/boards/ & see all my 171 boards. You'll notice that they don't look "busy" as only about 15% of them have any text on the pictures. Then scroll down towards the bottom where you'll see some boards... starting with Animals & running through some Group Boards & notice the difference when all the boards have all that busy text on them. It's almost hard to focus & be attracted to a particular board.   @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

5 Kudos
15 Replies
pamperedjoy2020
Just visiting

@foodiehomechef    I appreciate very much for your support and as a first follower of Pampered Joy as well as your sound advice - have patience.  I still find Pinterest interesting with its Boards and PINs.  I still trying to navigate Pinterest's features and functions especially with its Business features. My initial Ad here is mainly for awareness of our presence. Yes, given time, I am sure to be more appreciative of Pinterest and how its business features can help to boost my brand,  and my store which we started 5 years ago in the local marketplace. 

Whenever you have the time, do drop by my store to browse and I welcome your comment/suggestion.

Once again, thank you and may good health, happiness and wealth, be with you and your loved ones.  Take care and stay safe!

3 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@pamperedjoy2020Not only is Pinterest interesting, but IMHO it's fun too! I'll save this message & run by your store later in the week when I have some time.

Thank you so much for best wishes at the end of your post & I wish the same for you & your family... Many Blessings to you, Simone

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@foodiehomechef 

Thank you for the great tips!

1 Kudo
larenacorner
Just visiting

@tailwind

Pinterest offers two different sizes of pins. My first pin is usually 600x900 and is one picture with words to describe my recipe. I am a recipe blogger. The second is 1000x1500 and is two pictures with words that is at the end of my post. Therefore I have two different pins for the same post. They look totally different. So can I pin both images to my boards and if so have far apart would you pin them? Can they be pinned to the same boards are they are different? Occasionally, they may share one photo that is the same. 

Just making sure I am clear. Please ask if I am unclear. Thanks LaRena

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@pamperedjoy2020    Stopped by your online store & I love it! You've really got a lot of different, interesting products that I've never seen before... but then again I live out in the country & don't get to stores too often lol.

I especially like that little pop-up in the lower left corner that shows up every time someone buys something... very clever. I really love those Luminous GLO Rings, they look like they'd be great for Halloween! Hope you've been advertising them.

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@AmericanoCrystals   You're welcome Sophia❣️

0 Kudos