Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Get your Pin image NOTICED as a board cover!

foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades
Labels (4)

When you design a Pinterest Pin that is 600 x 900 (or longer)... put your graphic/photo that is 600 x 600 at the top. WHY? Because it will look great if you use it as one of your board covers & also it may have a better chance of someone (like me) choosing your pin to use as one of MY board covers which gives YOU more exposure. 

I try not to use any text in the 600 x 600 picture, as to my eye... it looks better as a board cover. Go to my Pinterest page https://www.pinterest.com/foodiehomechef/boards/ & see all my 171 boards. You'll notice that they don't look "busy" as only about 15% of them have any text on the pictures. Then scroll down towards the bottom where you'll see some boards... starting with Animals & running through some Group Boards & notice the difference when all the boards have all that busy text on them. It's almost hard to focus & be attracted to a particular board.   @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

5 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@pamperedjoy2020  Hi Pampered Joy, welcome to this great community! Yeah Pinterest has a learning curve, for sure... but as to your 3 pages... I'm confident you'll get used to it soon enough.

I just went by your business page & became your 1st follower 🙂

One suggestion I have for you is to be patient with seeing results from your Pinterest Business page. It takes dedication and time... but you'll see results if you put in the work on a regular basis!

Good luck with your page & let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
15 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great tips, @foodiehomechef! Too much text can tend to be a distracting experience. Feel free to check out this great article on our business site about how to optimize your boards on Pinterest. 🤗

3 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Thanks, will do @PinterestGabby 🙂

2 Kudos
pamperedjoy2020
Just visiting

Thank you for the great tips @foodiehomechef  - even though I am yet to get familiarize with the PINs and Boards creation.....but given time I will get there.

I am still confused that after joining Business Community, now I have three pages.... individual, business page and now business community page.  So there's a lot to catch up on.

My business page https://www.pinterest.com/pamperedjoy2020/  is new with only my first PIN post and more to come in the days ahead. 

Once again, thank you for the tip and  best wishes to you and your page.

Pampered Joy

3 Kudos
larenacorner
Just visiting

Thanks so much for the welcome. I guess my biggest question is that each recipe has two pins one 1000 X 1500 and 600X 900. I choose one to post on my tailwinds. When can I post the other size to tailwinds? 

Second, how do you use the group boards? Do you post to one or two group boards a day? How does it work?

Third, I am trying to get authorized for RICH pins. I am computer illiterate. So when it says it needs SCHEMA does that mean you copy and paste your meta tag and other info into Schema or once you join does Schema do it automatically. I am always worried about messing up my blog and which updates to do and which not to do.

Thanks for any help or advice

3 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@pamperedjoy2020  Hi Pampered Joy, welcome to this great community! Yeah Pinterest has a learning curve, for sure... but as to your 3 pages... I'm confident you'll get used to it soon enough.

I just went by your business page & became your 1st follower 🙂

One suggestion I have for you is to be patient with seeing results from your Pinterest Business page. It takes dedication and time... but you'll see results if you put in the work on a regular basis!

Good luck with your page & let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

3 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@larenacorner Hi LaRena, so great to see you over here 🙂  I'm going to tag a couple of the Pinterest Managers @PinterestGabby & @PinterestJanice who can help you in detail with your questions about Group Boards and RICH pins... or at least point you in the right direction for help with those issues.

Here's a couple of "Group boards" threads that may answer some of your questions: https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/business-chat/what-are-your-best-tips-for-joining-group-boards/m-...   &   https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/creator-chat/pinning-to-group-boards/m-p/2071#M249

As to your first question... Tailwind will warn you if you're posting too many pins at one time, as Pinterest frowns on more than 10 at a time to various boards.

So if you're posting just 2 pins of different sizes you can go ahead & post them on the same day if you want to. I'm also tagging @tailwind to see if they have any further suggestions for you.

Oh... one more thing LaRena... here in this community (PBC) it is helpful for both you & other members if... when asking a questions... you go to the "Creator Lounge" https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/creator-chat/bd-p/creator-chat and click on the green button "Create a conversation" and post your question there (with a title), as opposed to in another thread (like here) where it gets lost in another conversation. That way other people who may be able to help you or who also have the same question will benefit.

Furthermore, as you asked 3 separate unrelated questions here... I would have made 3 separate "New Conversations" with 3 separate titles 1. Posting to Tailwind question   2. Question about Group Boards   3. Need help with RICH pins

Hope that helps❣️

2 Kudos
tailwind
Loves to help

Hi! Alisa from Tailwind here. Looks like you got most of what you needed from the community - awesome! 

Group Boards are meant to be used for true collaboration and are likely not going to impact your distribution. 

I'm not clear about your two images. Are they different images or just the same image in a different size. If the latter, there is no need to share both. If they are truly different images, you can share, but unless you are using very different keywords, you'll want to put some time between the two - you don't want similar images showing up in the same search. Give one a chance to pick up steam or not and then send out the other (again, only if they are actually different).

3 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@pamperedjoy2020 @foodiehomechef Hi there glad your here I am following Simone's Follow on your account with my Follow Lisa😁

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@tailwind @larenacorner  Good advice, thanks Ailsa!

1 Kudo