Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Feedback about the creator experience

momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

There are no creators to get answers from anymore as a lot of bloggers are already leaving the platform. Guess we're all tired of ebbs and flows at the moment.

Everyone is exhausted from trying so hard to keep their business afloat. The PBC is slowing getting deserted... We all miss the Pinterest we fell in love with. **sad face**

2 Kudos
29 Replies
mamagourmand
Just visiting

Amen! This is what drove Pinterest's popularity in the first place. People want to see visual representation of the answers to their problems, AND THEN actually be able to access the information in a reasonable way. 

5 Kudos
haxnicks
Just visiting
  • I agree.  I have recently decided to focus on Pinterest but am astounded at how unprofessional they are.  It seems like they don't User Acceptence Test anything - just put it live.  My final straw is product tagging not working for me on Idea Pins (requires me to verify my email but doesn't send me the email) So I raise it and the response i get is "Have you tried this on desktop?"  I mean, if your staff don't even know that a feature released THIS WEEK is only available on mobile there is little hope for them. I do hope someone from Pinterest is reading this thread,  I love Pinterest but wow they need to be more professional!
1 Kudo
carolynjbraden
Just visiting

Agreed and well said…everyone! I’ve spoken up here, contacted Pinterest and have seen only a teeny tiny bit of upward movement.

I’ve been researching other platforms like the one someone talked about in the forum, Hometalk, and so many more. I’ve even stepped back as a user of Pinterest for my own recipe needs and just starting using Google.

I even hired an SEO expert a while back to help me because it’s up to me now. I knew all along not to rely on social media as they ALL change things all the time. Now, I’ve been proven correct. 

Pinterest is messy and no longer my “escape” to the creative world, especially when they are now pushing creators with no medical background to give free healthcare advice!?…. @PinterestGabby 

1 Kudo
ideachicretail
Loves to help

This is an interesting thread and I am learning a lot. To answer your question posed, we are not giving up because Pinteret is still our top source of traffic and sales conversion. We´re a brand with a catalog so that and the Etsy/Pinterest love affair is still strong. However, having just hired someone to run our Pinterest channel I am looking closer and realizing that ALL of our sales are coming from pins that are 1-6 years old. I have also noticed our fall themed products from years past are outperforming currently running ads. I turned a few off for this reason. So I am suddenly very concerned about what you all are saying and that I am about to committing $ to new content and ad creation. 

0 Kudos
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

@carolynjbraden 

Pinterest is so confused right now. At first they said they were a visual search engine, later on they became a social media platform and now they want to be an online shopping mall. I feel so terrible for the users.

I used to love browsing through Pinterest, scrolling through endless beautiful pictures and reading interesting articles.

I'm not in love with Pinterest anymore because of their identity crisis. They were such a unique platform who resonated with so many people. If we wanted to see idea pins and video pins, we'll all be on TitTok and YouTube.

A lot of creators are frustrated and they are already abandoning the platform. I heard Pinterest lost millions of users last month.

It's probably because they were tired of seeing ads and idea pins all over in their feed instead of the unique pictures they were actually looking for. If standard pins are not prioritized as they used to, I fear many more users might desert the platform. It's so sad!

1 Kudo
carolynjbraden
Just visiting

@momentswithjenny well said! I agree with you 100% 💖

1 Kudo
littlediyyoutube
Just visiting

On YouTube, Instagram or Facebook When you open the home feed u find posts from people you follow. They have extra tabs for reels, video's or shorts to find other posts. This way u get a lot of impressions, likes and follow but on Pinterest there is no way to see posts from people you actually follow instead my homepage is filled with pins from random accounts.

When you follow someone it is because you are interested to see their pins on your home feed. So why follow someone on Pinterest when you never get to see their pins?? Like every other social media platforms why not leave the homepage for pins from people you follow and fill the search box for random pins just like Instagram or YouTube. 

5 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@momentswithjenny sadly, I never use Pinterest as a user anymore, and I used to use it all the time to save recipes, decor ideas, homeschool resources, etc.....it's way too commercialized for my taste now, and I simply run a google search for ideas.

Now as a creator, it's especially frustrating knowing that Pinterest has become off-putting to users.

And, my Gen-Z kid has told me, "Pinterest won't last, because no one in my generation uses it"

Pinterest needs to go back to their roots! 

1 Kudo
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

@healthyambitionsteam I enjoy looking at pictures of beautiful places of where I hope to visit someday when I can afford it. Recently, when I felt word removed per Community Guidelines creeping in, I searched for something like that on Pinterest and all I could see were idea pins and videos.

It was totally disgusting because I really wanted to just see breathtaking pictures, save them to my luxury lifestyle secret board and click through to read the stories of travel bloggers who have been to all those gorgeous places.

I ended up searching for them on Google. Oh! I just love daydreaming about Greece, Italy, France, Morocco and beautiful islands with turquoise beaches sometimes.

I really do miss the old Pinterest because it helped to reduce my anxiety and depression. I wish I could find something like that again...

0 Kudos
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

@littlediyyoutube Honestly, it's annoying! 

0 Kudos