Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Feedback about the creator experience

momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

There are no creators to get answers from anymore as a lot of bloggers are already leaving the platform. Guess we're all tired of ebbs and flows at the moment.

Everyone is exhausted from trying so hard to keep their business afloat. The PBC is slowing getting deserted... We all miss the Pinterest we fell in love with. **sad face**

2 Kudos
29 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@momentswithjenny, appreciate you sharing your thoughts here, I understand that there's been quite a bit of frustration with the creator community this year, coupled with the stress from the pandemic. 😞 From a PBC perspective, I'd love to hear what I can work on improving for our members here. If you have any feedback for me, I'm all ears. Thank you. 

1 Kudo
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby  I don't think there is anything you or the Pinterest customer service representatives can really do to help creators who have been complaining about super low impressions and diminishing traffic since mid-2020.

All we hear is create more fresh pins and yet no one is seeing the truckload of new pins that are been dished out on a daily basis. I'm sure if there was something you could do to really help us, you would have done it by now.

3 Kudos
mamagourmand
Just visiting

Hello creators!

I know we all speak and commiserate a lot outside of Pinterest, but I was wondering if anyone has reached out to PInterest to tell them how frustrated the content creators have been with the recent algorithm changes?

Pinterest used to be my number one source of traffic up to a few months ago. All of my top pages came from high click through pins. Overnight it was gone, and this seems to have happened across the board to content creators. I've tried fresh content daily, varying images, live pinning, you name it. However, I am getting 1-5 click throughs on pins.

My question to Pinterest @pinterestgabby is this - what are you going to do when all the people you get content from leave the platform? We are frustrated and a lot of us have giving up with Pinterest because it's not worth our time anymore. I know you are receiving ad revenue, but speaking from a user standpoint, I don't use the platform as a search engine anymore because it is full of ads and content I am not looking for. 

Whatever your new business strategy is, seems to be driving away the people who provide your "product" and also who consumes your "product," so where does this leave us?

Best,

Melissa @mamagourmand 

11 Kudos
Intentionalhospitality
Just visiting

I have been so discouraged too. New pins are only getting a few views. Even idea pins are plummeting in views and connections with readers.   My content from many years ago is the only thing driving traffic to my site from Pinterest. This is no longer a content creator platform but an ads-based platform.  I am researching new avenues to get my content seen by an audience as well as a more effective way for me to find the content I need. 

Even when I am using Pinterst for my personal searches I spend more time sifting through ads now instead of finding creator content. 

I have been on calls with @PinterestGabby and the other folks at Pinterest voicing my concerns.  I have heard many of the same ideas and promises over and over but the platform keeps moving away from why I spend time here. 

3 Kudos
hotpankitchen
Just visiting

I'm in the same boat @mamagourmand and @Intentionalhospitality - my older pins still drive some traffic, but it has really decreased. And I haven't been doing many Idea Pins because I was getting feedback that people wanted a link to the content, which I couldn't provide!

I'm not sure what this means for Pinterest going forward, as I really don't want to put time or energy into a platform when I'm not getting a good ROI. 

4 Kudos
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

If all creators would agree to stop providing free idea pins, I'm sure Pinterest will notice and work on a solution. We need a hashtag like #rewardcreators or #treatcreatorsright to start a movement.

4 Kudos
mamagourmand
Just visiting

@momentswithjenny I love this! This is my exactly my thought on this. We are all upset with how creators are being treated now, so can't we band together somehow and get them to listen? 

3 Kudos
mamagourmand
Just visiting

@hotpankitchen Where I used to spend hours on Pinterest every week creating content, I barely create anything now. I don't see the point if my effort isn't going to be reciprocated by the platform?

2 Kudos
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

@mamagourmand Honestly, I don't know how it can be pulled off. But, from what I hear in the Facebook groups I'm in, a lot of creators are frustrated and exhausted right now.

So many bloggers I know have stopped creating pins altogether and they are putting more efforts into other rewarding tasks like growing an email list and SEO.

3 Kudos