Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creators, what metrics matter to you and your content strategy?

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (1)

Hi, creators! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday. I'm curious [and would love to get a group discussion going] about what metrics are the most important to you when measuring success of your content? 

Is it...impressions? Engagement rate? Clicks? Saves? I'd love to hear what's most important to you and your content strategy on Pinterest. Please share your thoughts and feedback in the comments! 🙂 

5 Kudos
14 Replies
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

Honestly, the only thing that really matters is outbound clicks because that's when I start making money.

This is the reason why NOT having links in story pins is so frustrating. 

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@healthyambitionsteam  I agree with you Cathy & that's why I haven't made any story pins. I don't see the benefit of spending so much time on making a story pin & not having a link to my site.

I visited your Pinterest page & followed you 😊

Curious though, I checked out your Keto French Toast story pin that was published on 12/14/20. How long did it take you to make that pin? Also, since it's been "out there" for 2 1/2 months... what are your findings on the metrics of this pin? Do you think it was worth your time?

0 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@foodiehomechef  Thanks for the follow!! Looks like I'm already following you 😁

I'm attaching the analytics from that pin....great impressions on Day 1, then it died off after that. 

Since I used images from my blog post, it probably only took me about 20 minutes total to make. It's hard to say if the story pin benefited me in any way besides impressions

@PinterestGabby if we cannot have links in story pins, then I think it would be great to see a metric showing how many followers we gained from a particular story pin. That would at least have some benefit beyond impressions that we can measure.

French Toast.png

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@healthyambitionsteam  Thanks for posting those metrics Cathy, very interesting & doesn't look like you got too much for your efforts... although 20 minutes is not too bad for creating a 6 page story pin!

0 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@foodiehomechef  Yeah, it doesn't take too terribly long when I already have the images from blog posts, and I might be more on board with the Story Pins if we could see how many new followers we gained with a particular story pin. If I could see it was truly growing my account, then I'd say it's worth it even without a link....but we need Pinterest to add that metric. 

@PinterestGabby what are the chances of getting that type of analytic added to Pinterest?

1 Kudo