Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creators, what metrics matter to you and your content strategy?

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (1)

Hi, creators! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday. I'm curious [and would love to get a group discussion going] about what metrics are the most important to you when measuring success of your content? 

Is it...impressions? Engagement rate? Clicks? Saves? I'd love to hear what's most important to you and your content strategy on Pinterest. Please share your thoughts and feedback in the comments! 🙂 

5 Kudos
14 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby  Mornin' Gabby, hope all is well with you these days 😊.

1. I pay the most attention to Clicks to my site & Saves on my pins.

2. Next in line would be followers & not because of an ego type thing, but because I feel that the more followers you have... the more likely that people will be saving your pins & possibly clicking through to your site. As I mentioned to someone else in a recent post... when I reached about 10k followers I started noticing I was getting more action on my pins. I'm at 19k followers now & every time I post a new pin... within the first minute I get a bunch of people that save that pin. I can only assume that these people are followers & see it in their feed.

3. Lastly I would say Engagement & Impressions equally. It's hard to get engagement on pins... such as comments etc and I'm not really clear on what Engagements actually encompasses & what's the difference between Engagements & Engaged Audience? As to Impressions... they're important to a degree, because they reflect how often your pins are being seen & that is important for an overall chance your pins will be saved or clicked. But the Impressions number is can definitely be a "feel good" number in a way if you know what I mean.

Thanks for posting this Gabby, I think it's an important topic & looking forward to seeing what everyone else has to say!

2 Kudos
shemeansblogging
Just visiting

Hello!  I hope everyone is having a good time. 

1. The first important metric is the number of clicks to my site. Now, outbound clicks. 

2. Then, I do pay attention to the engagement rate. I think the more people relate with that pin or enjoy the content, it's great! 

3. I do get comments but again, most of them are spam which is quite disturbing but again, we do get such comments everywhere. Like on our websites, social media, etc.  This is an excellent topic and I am looking forward to reading other comments. 

Arfa from shemeansblogging on Pinterest 🙂 

6 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@foodiehomechef @shemeansblogging thank you both for sharing your feedback!!! 💜

2 Kudos
firstdayofhome
Posts regularly

Hi, everyone. I'm late to the discussion here, but I wanted to bring up one "nice to have" metric that doesn't exist today. I agree completely with everything said above about the rank order of existing metrics. I was thinking today that it would be nice to know which pins are driving the highest follower growth, going back to the comments by @foodiehomechef.  I can see which pins are getting the most saves in real-time, but I'd love to have a report that tells me which pins are really driving follower growth. (This is assuming that follower growth actually matters.)

Since I can't measure clicks on story pins, I'd like to know what I'm "getting" for those pins. Are those pins reaching/driving new followers or not? I'd love to know.

6 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@firstdayofhome I agree. Having something that measures the story pin success would be helpful! Maybe something that shows that they at least clicked to our profile page after viewing the story pin. 

-Tabby

4 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi Gabby and all! @PinterestGabby 

I agree with the above! 

For us, clicks to our site are the most telling of metrics for success. 

Then we pay attention to saves to determine interests and the pinner's intent. 

We try to focus mostly on YoY growth to give us the big picture of what Pinterest is doing for us. 

-Tabby 

5 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@simplepinmedia Thank you, Tabby!! Sharing this with product as we speak. ❤️ 

2 Kudos
editrixdesign
Just visiting

Gabby, I'm sorry if I missed any recent discussion on this point, but it has been noted that the analytics seems to INCLUDE our own activity on pins, and it absolutely should not, if it does.

I don't want to mistake any testing that I do for activity in the early days of a pin. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Shouldn't that type of thing be automatically screened out?

Thanks for your question! I appreciate the insights and discussion we get "back here" behind the scenes. 🙂

0 Kudos
webgyrl2
  1. Impressions (helps me know how the AI sees my content)
  2. Saves
  3. Clicks (and clickthrough with Story Pins)
0 Kudos