Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creator Tips and Tricks

everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

Hi creators!

My name is Laura, and as a Pinterest Pioneer, I want to share a few helpful tips and tricks with you all that have helped me on my journey as a Pinterest Creator.

Whether you are a seasoned creator, or just getting into the magic of it all, some basic best practices remain true for everyone:

1. Utilize this community! There are so many helpful resources here, including talented creators and experts in social media marketing. Take time to check in on daily posts, read reply’s, and don’t be too intimidated to ask questions.
  2. Connect! Pinterest is a SOCIAL media platform. So, be social! Take time to friend others who inspire you on the PBC and Pinterest. Don’t forget to like and save your favorite pins too.
  3. Add a bio to your Pinterest profile and your profile here on the PBC. This makes it easy for others to see exactly who you are and why they should follow you.
  4. Be consistent with your pinning. Consistency is key in growing any business, especially online. Your audience needs to know what to expect from you and when to expect it. Aim for posting niche specific content AT LEAST once a week to see growth.
  5. Check the monthly trends to see what type of content is performing best. With a little creativity, you should be able to adapt the trends to fit your niche. Trended content usually performs best.
  6. Be mindful of margins. There’s nothing more frustrating than clicking on an enticing pin, only to have the caption or image cut off by the margins or overlay. Check before you post!    
  7. Create Idea Pins! Idea pins are “the talk of the town” here at Pinterest, and my advice is join in on the conversation (: When creating idea pins, the following tips may help them perform best⬇️

•Use video instead of static image for the first slide
    •Use only vertical, high quality images/videos. 
    •Try to add a minimum of 3-4 slides to each Idea Pin. 
    •Utilize the last slide of an Idea Pin to invite fellow pinners to like your pin and follow you. This is a great place to add your logo and brand colors to a personal image which keeps you easily recognizable for the future.
    •Idea Pins now have the ability to include product links, animated stickers, @mentions, add a take and more! The more of these options you take advantage of the more likely your pin is to perform well.
    •Encourage your audience to engage by adding a call to action in your pin and remind them to leave a comment, save the pin, or add a take!        
    • Refrain from posting watermarked pins from other platforms. They won’t perform as well.                    

I hope some of these basic tips are helpful. Be sure to check out the attached Pinterest links AND LEAVE A COMMENT OR QUESTION BELOW 

Happy Pinning!

https://business.pinterest.com/en/creative-best-practices/

https://trends.pinterest.com/

76 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@everydaylifewithlaura 

Nicely Done! 

It's amazing how much knowledge we can share when we put our minds to it.

Lisa

View solution in original post

8 Kudos
44 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@everydaylifewithlaura 

Nicely Done! 

It's amazing how much knowledge we can share when we put our minds to it.

Lisa

8 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@everydaylifewithlaura  This is super helpful, Laura! Thanks for sharing this!

3 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

Thanks for taking time to read @michaelbliss 🙌🏻

3 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@bodymindmood  Agreed! There is def a wealth of info here on the PBC when we all put our heads together 😉 I too, am learning from the best as I go!

4 Kudos
LifeAsTaj
Just visiting

Thank you, @everydaylifewithlaura! This was extremely helpful. I took note and definitely will implement these tips.

7 Kudos
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love this! ❤️ Thanks for sharing these tips and best practices @everydaylifewithlaura. Welcome to the PBC, @LifeAsTaj so happy to hear you found these tips helpful!

4 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@LifeAsTaj 
I’m so glad! I’m learning everyday from other creators too, especially here on the PBC! It’s amazing what we can accomplish together!

2 Kudos
steviemstarks
Just visiting

These were great tips! Thank you!! I do find that my idea pins have a better reach when they are multiple pages! 

4 Kudos
MeganHStudio
Posts regularly

Great tips! I’m so glad there’s a forum like this to share ideas and learn from each other! @steviemstarks , @mamipopofficial @LifeAsTaj I’ll be tracking you down to follow you all and see what great things you come up with these fun new tools for idea pins!

-Megan 

@MeganHStudio 

4 Kudos