Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creator Rewards Pins Didn't Get Approved On Time- Now Saying They Won't Be At All?!

notquitesusie
Just visiting

Hi all! This is long but I am stressing so please bear with me.

I have apparently been in the Creator Rewards program for awhile but didn't notice until February as I usually use Pinterest on desktop, so that month I did a couple of pins as a test run and once those were successful I really committed to it this last month, in March. Like I've seen many of you mention, it was taking a very long time for pins to get approved this month- and then March ended, without many of my pins having been looked at. Just over half of my submitted pins were approved, and since all of my pins followed the same formula {but were all different, original content} I am confident that they all- or at LEAST most- should have been approved.

I submitted a ticket earlier today to verify that those pins that were not approved by the time the clock ran out on the month would in fact be looked at while verifying payment, but received a canned response telling me that my pins did not qualify because they didn't hit the engagement requirements. There WERE no engagement requirements for this goal, so the answer is completely irrelevant.

I am POSITIVE that the pins I submitted met all criteria, as the pins in question were all for the goal for the List pins {requirements being 1 video, at least a certain number of pages, including a list, rights to all content and original pins- every one of my pins met all of these criteria}.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or has anyone experienced it in prior months? I am absolutely sick over the thought that I may not be getting almost half of the money I spent all month earning, simply because the automated system closed the goal before anyone had time to approve my pins.

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MeganHStudio
Posts regularly

All of my pins for the list rewards goal stopped updating in mid-March. Only about a quarter of them had been reviewed by the time the goal period ended. I submitted a ticket and Pinterest quickly responded saying that they’re still reviewing pins. 

I had something similar happen in February with the “game day” goal. They caught up reviewing pins about 3 weeks after the goal period ended and the amount approved was updated in the “done” section and eventually paid in full. 

I’ve been participating in the Creator Rewards program since December and have found that the bugs have always worked themselves out…eventually! Lol

-Megan  

View solution in original post

6 Kudos
26 Replies
amandamajorthestudio
Posts regularly
2 Kudos
cozyadk
Posts regularly

I really hope that isn’t the case. Honestly it wouldn’t make sense for you to be able to submit pins up until the 31st but if they don’t get approved by the 31st they don’t count. I stopped seeing approvals mid-March when all the bugs started with impressions, so i just assumed it might be mid April by the time they are caught up approving backed pins. 

4 Kudos
elizabethashleykelsey
Loves to help

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! I'm having a different issue that I hope gets resolved ASAP. I did last month's 1 pin a week challenge and all of my pins were approved for it. However, after I updated the Pinterest app a few hours ago, that challenge all of a sudden disappeared from the Done section of the app. The two other challenges I had done ( and that I met the qualifications for) are still in the done section, waiting for approval, so it's just the one that had been approved that has disappeared. 

5 Kudos
cottageonbunkerhill
Just visiting

@elizabethashleykelsey I was just hopping on here to see if anyone else had this problem too! Same, 4/5 of my 1 pin a week bonus challenge were approved and were on my "done" dashboard yesterday...this morn my rewards dashboard has updated and that challenge is gone.

6 Kudos
Arelaxedgal
Posts regularly

I have that same issue. I had reached out to Pinterest and they told me that my pins were still under review and it could take up to 30 days for me to know if they are approved or not. Kinda starting to wonder if this program is worth it.

8 Kudos
elizabethashleykelsey
Loves to help

I'm so sorry you are having this happen to you @cottageonbunkerhill @Arelaxedgal I started freaking out last night when it happened as I had worked hard on the challenge and was so happy it was approved.

2 Kudos
MeganHStudio
Posts regularly

All of my pins for the list rewards goal stopped updating in mid-March. Only about a quarter of them had been reviewed by the time the goal period ended. I submitted a ticket and Pinterest quickly responded saying that they’re still reviewing pins. 

I had something similar happen in February with the “game day” goal. They caught up reviewing pins about 3 weeks after the goal period ended and the amount approved was updated in the “done” section and eventually paid in full. 

I’ve been participating in the Creator Rewards program since December and have found that the bugs have always worked themselves out…eventually! Lol

-Megan  

6 Kudos
notquitesusie
Just visiting

See I wouldn't have worried so much if I got a response saying they were still reviewing them- that's exactly what I expected to hear. The clearly canned response saying I did not meet engagement requirements- when not only were there NO engagement requirements but my pins had actually gotten decent engagement- scared me!

2 Kudos
notquitesusie
Just visiting

Good news, everyone! {Insert Futurama GIF here} Over the last couple of days I have seen that goal reward go up a couple of times- it's still not quite done getting to where I expect it but I am guessing they are still reviewing pins. Thank you all for listening to my panic 🙂

4 Kudos