cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creative best practices

vibeva
Just visiting

Yes, I have to totally agree. Your pins are beautiful, but, I am not sure about "seasonal personality." I don't think I could even connect the two, but in terms of promoting and/or directing your followers/viewers to these pins would be enough to attract me if I was looking at flooring. Maybe something like...'how to choose wood flooring colors based on your personality.' 

I hope this helps and you know I have lots to learn too! 

1 Kudo
thelivehim
Posts regularly

I'll be honest, I don't know much about wood floors or anything about it really. The only thing I can judge is the aesthetics of the pin. 

I really like your logo and I believe it is important to have on almost all your original pins. 

I also like the font that you use for the text. So in terms of aesthetics, the pin looks great! I really believe that colors match well with moods. Therefore this brown color might match a mood for your audience, if that makes sense. I would try this same pin with a white border to see what does better (Just my initial thoughts). I would say the text should draw the audience in more though. 

These are just my raw thoughts! Hope it helps! 

4 Kudos
thelivehim
Posts regularly

@RealWoodFloorsWP I wanted to explain further what I meant. I went ahead and made two Pins to explain:

Please keep in mind these are two VERY quick photos I made. Floor Color.jpg

Floor Color (1).jpg

What I would do is upload both of these pins. See which one performs better and remove the other. In my opinion, the white looks much better and is easier to engage with. However, the brown may hit a mood that entices your audience (Color matters).

3 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Wow @thelivehim This extremely helpful information! I see what you mean by colors. I was using those colors from our website. Trying to keep brand recognition. But It might be good to go a little out of that to get more engaging content. 

I will go ahead and give these a shot to see what happens. This feedback is extremely helpful. I will let you know how they do! 

1 Kudo
owlbbaking
Loves to help

I like the white layout better as well!

Are you able to advertise a solution within your wording? For example, I would be more inclined to click on, "How to choose a floor color" vs. something that says "Floor color" because the blog post would be solving a problem for me. Not sure the context around the article, but something to keep in mind!! 🙂 

Thanks!!
Liz

? https://owlbbaking.com
1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey there!
It's been a long time I use Pinterest for my business. On those weird days which we stuck at home, we have a great oppurtunity to grow our online business.So I wanted to share some hacks that I am using for to grow my website traffic. So here are some hacks:
1. Enable Rich pins because they help you get better rankings in Pinterest search results. So you get more likes, repins and traffic to your site.
2. When a lot of people save images from your site to relevant boards, with relevant keywords in the pin description your pins get viral. So make sure your pins are high quality and interesting.
3. Pinterest traffic is highly related to seasons, holidays, public events and trends. This means that you can grow your traffic by following these trends and planning your content ahead of time. You need to post your content a little bit in advance; so you can get a lot more traffic by the peak time.
I hope these will help someone from the Community.
Stay at home and safe !
-Sophia-

8 Kudos
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

I want to add to that: consistency is key 🙂 

do not spam with loads of pins but do pin daily and you will see results 🙂

2 Kudos
voxdominus
Just visiting

Cool and useful ideas 🙂

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver
1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Amazing, Sophia!! Love this. Some other tips...

• Include relevant, useful descriptions that relate to the image. Use 50-250 word descriptions that include keywords and adjectives to help people imagine how they’ll use the Pin. 
  • Make sure your Pins link to a relevant webpage. High-quality landing pages rank better in our search results.
  • Pin Quality is 👑. People see Pins on boards, in their home feed, in category feeds, and in searches. The more engagement a Pin receives, the higher it appears in feeds and search results.
  • To @AmericanoCrystals' point about seasonal content and getting ahead, plan your seasonal content about 30-45 days ahead of the big day so your top-of-mind when people come to discover and get inspired. People use Pinterest to plan, so be sure to factor the timing into your content strategy! 

Be sure to also check out our creative best practicescontent tips and insights page📌

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

3 Kudos