cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creative best practices

lifestyleofafoodie
Just visiting

When I write a caption I make sure to throw in a few keywords on there. It helps you rank throughout Pinterest searches. I try and make my caption pretty long, that's usually how much I need to give a nice description of what the article is going to be about. Pinterest gives you a certain amount of characters allowed, so you should definitely use them! 

I don't usually read the complete caption of people's pin but I definitely take a loot at it 🙂

8 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

+1! @lifestyleofafoodie 

@RealWoodFloorsWP make sure to include relevant, useful descriptions that relate to the image. Use 50-250 word descriptions that include keywords and adjectives to help people imagine how they’ll use the Pin. 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

7 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

When I write captions I do research before posting my pin. I also try to use relevant keywords and hashtags. Not much people read captions but it helps you to be found on search results so I think it is important to think about captions and write it attentively.

5 Kudos
dishitoutsocial
Just visiting

I have been using a formula for my descriptions. I put the most relevant keyword first and then I add at least 5 keywords used in a couple of sentences. I have been adding a call to action along with my business name at the end as well. Then I add 2-3 hashtags if relevant.

Hope this helps!

Kyla - Dish It Out Social

profile pic (new).png

2 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Have you seen an uptick in engagement? 

2 Kudos
PartynwPlants
Just visiting

Hey Kyla- Great tip and that's exactly what I do as well! It's really worked out great for me as well! 🙂

Nicole

2 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Wanted to highlight one of my pins and get everyones honest feedback.

Don't be shy let me know your honest thoughts. This pin is pushing to a blog on our website. Flooring blog about designFlooring blog about design

2 Kudos
marketing7062
Just visiting

Do not understand "seasonal personality". Since flooring doesn't change color easily as I understand it, then I have no idea what is being conveyed here.

I do see everyone is matching color hues and all color wise is harmonious. Maybe I am dense but this leaves me unconnected.

Hope that is of some use to you.

Cheers

4 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

@marketing7062 

Thank you for the feedback! I see what you are saying the photo does not fit with the them of the message! 

1 Kudo
marketing7062
Just visiting

@RealWoodFloorsWP 

actually I am saying "seasonal personality" seems to me to have little to do with wood floors. See the image below of the search results for seasonal personality. Nothing there connects the term with wood floors or any floors as I see it.

marketing7062_0-1581515795790.png

Also there is this article which may relate to this: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-single-reason-why-people-can-t-write-according-to-a-harvard-p...

The words have to make sense to others you are aiming to reach. The words you choose matters. The colors less so. Images have to belong in the thought sphere of the words or vice versa.

Hope this perspective is of use.

2 Kudos