cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creative best practices

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone -- @PinterestJanice and I noticed that there were so many great threads about creative best practices, that we wanted to merge everyone's contributions into one consolidated place for people to easily find creative tips and tricks from the community. 

Look forward to hearing you all share how to create inspiring content for Pinners! 🎨

#Protip: Be sure to check out Pinterest's creative best practices and see what other resources are available to you on the Pinterest Business site.

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
37 Replies
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

What is the best font for a pin? That people want to engage with?

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a great question, @RealWoodFloorsWP. While we don't have a 'one-size fits all' font that's best, you should try adding text overlay so the copy on your Pin image stands out. Make sure it's clear and concise, and can be read on mobile. I also recommend checking out our Creative best practices guide for more tips on how to make your Pins visually compelling. 

Hope this helps! 🤞

3 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Thanks Gabby! I will keep those in mind and make sure to check that out! 

1 Kudo
ournorthwesthome
Just visiting

Personally I prefer arial because I don't want my font to be noticed in any way. I want the content to be the focus. I stay away from anything fancy.

5 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Thanks for the feedback. 

I like the idea of letting the photo lead the focus not the words 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Totally agree, you definitely want the content to be the shining star. 

1 Kudo
owlbbaking
Posts regularly

I always use text on my pins (which is popular for my niche), so no matter what you end up choosing, my tip would be to make sure it's legible, bold and bright so that it can be easily read while the user is scrolling. Most people use Pinterest on their phone and will scroll through their feed at a fast rate, so definitely keep in mind that you're trying to grab their attention! 🙂  

I swap up my fonts depending on the look/feel of my photos (you can check out my pins here to see what I'm talking about), but you really can't go wrong with a white background or overlay for the text. 

Like some other folks have said already, if you feel that the photo itself is eye-catching enough and adding text looks too cluttered, then give it a try without text and see how it performs. Sometimes experimenting with multiple pins per post/article is the most helpful! 

Thanks!!
Liz

? https://owlbbaking.com
3 Kudos
SolarJess
Just visiting

I love Montserrat. Clean and simple with different bold options.

1 Kudo
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Just wanted to open a discussion on making captions for pins. 

Do you use certain words? Are you using all caps? Are you making it short and sweet?

Do you even read the captions? 

Love to hear everyones thoughts on this! 

Thanks

4 Kudos