Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Community team wants your feedback on Group Hubs 👥

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (3)

photo-1491438590914-bc09fcaaf77a.jpeg

Hi folks! Hope everyone is having a great week, it's almost Friday! 🙏

Janice and I have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes thinking of ways we can improve the community experience for you all, and one of the things we have been toying around with is the idea of Groups. The idea of Group Hubs is for people to join and engage around a common theme or interest. The groups can either be public, or private. 

Some examples of groups could include: 

• Specific to your industry vertical i.e. Education, Food & Recipes, DIY, Travel 
  • Focus groups 
  • Special interests 
  • Testing beta features 
  • Based on region 
  • Interest in specific Pinterest products/features i.e. Idea Pins, Video Pins
  • Third-party tools such as Later, Tailwind or Canva 
  • Events or meet-ups 

We'd love to hear what YOUR thoughts are on having Group Hubs within the community. What are other ideas for groups we could incorporate? We're all ears. 🙂 

5 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Yes to all! I think Groups is a great idea! Pinterest strategies can really vary from niche to niche so I know that I would be very excited to connect with other food bloggers! I'd also be interested in participating in focus groups & beta testing for sure. 

Thank you both for all you do to bring more to this community!! I'm so grateful to be a part of it!

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
7 Replies
TeamVIKTOR

Having a Travel Professionals Group would be helpful to us in order to get more of our peers to use Pinterest. It could include industry associations, hotel groups, Destination Management Companies, industry publications/editors, IATA, CVBs, Tourism boards and airlines -- all of which companies like us here at VIKTOR rely on for our Travel Incentives and Employee Recognition programs. Would love to have this group to encourage Pinterest usage because it's such a flattering platform for the beauty shots inherent in our luxury travel industry! Thanks for asking and good luck!

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi there - I would love Travel and Fitness | Food (the 80/20 Rule) and the Interest in specific topic. I think the hubs would be a great idea. Lisa😁

1 Kudo
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Yes to all! I think Groups is a great idea! Pinterest strategies can really vary from niche to niche so I know that I would be very excited to connect with other food bloggers! I'd also be interested in participating in focus groups & beta testing for sure. 

Thank you both for all you do to bring more to this community!! I'm so grateful to be a part of it!

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you all for the amazing feedback!! Love hearing that his could be a great way to connect with others in the same industry and share niche-specific strategies to boost performance. 🤗

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabbyOh I love the Group Hubs idea! As this community grows, this would be a great addition to help people find others with the same interests.

1 Kudo
basiacanhelp
Just visiting

I hope we can still give feedback on this topic. Group Hub's would be a super cool feature to have!

At the moment it is nice to have a group chat but we cannot name the group so it gets a little confusing. I teach others to use Pinterest for their business and to give feedback on their pins and share tips on this platform (versus Facebook or somewhere else) would not only be more convenient but also just makes more sense for users to spend more time here.

Also, the "send feedback" button is in the way of where I type into the chat making is difficult to see what I am typing... being able to share pins here (instead of a group board) is nice because it is more personal, we can discuss the pin and follow each other along in a much more intimate level which makes it easier for many to actually participate and communicate. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for better group communication!! 🤞

Also, on the topic of group boards, it would be really lovely to be able to make group boards into sections! 

Thank you so much!! 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is great, @basicanhelp!! Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We've got a few things in the works so stay tuned! 😉 

0 Kudos