Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Can you save Idea Pins as drafts?

DIYDanielle1
Just visiting

Having problems making Idea pins and I was hoping to save my idea pin as a draft so I don't lose my work while trying to figure out the issue. Any ideas? Do I just lose it if I don't publish it?

Also- why can't I tag products, add stickers, etc for my idea pins? Is it because I have a business account? I am a blogger/creator with a small shopify store attached, but my blog is my predominant "thing." Thanks!

1 Kudo
6 Replies
Arelaxedgal
Posts regularly

You can save drafts. After working on your idea pin in the app click the x to click out and you'll have the option to discard the pin or store it. Select store and then you can go back to it whenever you want and edit it before posting.

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@DIYDanielle1  Hey there! 

Along with what @Arelaxedgal said, if you're on mobile (which is the best way to create Idea Pins) you can also hit the file icon in the bottom left of the 'details page' 

IMG_5981.jpg

For your second question, are you creating your Idea Pins on mobile? You can *only tag products on your Idea Pins if you're creating on mobile with the Pinterest app. 

Hope that helps! 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
DIYDanielle1
Just visiting

Ahhh I'm creating on desktop! That must be the issue. I'll try to edit the draft from my phone. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

When creating on desktop, the drafts are usually saved when you hit the "X" button. But if you create the draft on desktop, it will not sho on your phone. It only saves to the specific device used to create the draft.

Creating on desktop may feel like a good idea, but the app has more capabilities and features.

Tereza

2 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@DIYDanielle1 Unfortunately, like Tereza said, you can't edit the draft from your phone. The drafts are only accessible from the device you created them on. 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
keiramc04
Just visiting

There actually is a way to save drafts on desktop. I found this through a lot of trial and error. (Pinterest has a bug where you can't just easily see your drafts which may be the same problem you're experiencing. Although maybe they've fixed the problem by now I'm not entirely sure.)

So you make your idea pin and then click the X which should store it as a draft. But then you go back into create idea pins at a later time and can't find it. 

If this happens create another idea pin draft (you don't have to put effort into it, you just have to drag an image in) and then click back to the home page. Then immediately go back into create idea pins for a second time and both drafts should appear.

This worked for me when I was creating idea pins on desktop and it was glitching!! Hope this helps!

1 Kudo