Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Can't upload my story pin

sweethomelife
Just visiting
Labels (1)

I had a go at making my first story pin but I'm having no luck at all uploading it. The red line goes about 2mm then stops. 

I've tried about 6 times because I really want to publish it now!

Are there any tricks or tips I'm missing?

There are 10 slides in the pin.

2 Kudos
19 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey! I just got an early access to Story Pins but I had no trouble while pinning it. Maybe you should start with 2-3 slide, add title to your Story Pin and hope it will be successful!

1 Kudo
sweethomelife
Just visiting

I tried deleting 4 of the slide but it still wouldn't go. Any less the pin doesn't make sense. I might just have to delete it and try with something else to see. It would be good if you could save more than one draft.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sweethomelife! Sorry to hear about the trouble creating a Story Pin. Quick question, could you share which account you're attempting to upload from? Feel free to send us a Private Message if you're more comfortable with that. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
sweethomelife
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby 

Hopefully this hasn't posted twice as it said I made an error last time.

This is the account I'm using: https://www.pinterest.nz/sweethomelife/ 

Thanks for helping!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sweethomelife hope you had a great weekend, and many thanks for sharing. I just forwarded this along to our team for review. I'll follow up as soon as I hear more! 🤞

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sweethomelife! Wanted to follow up here, we've been working on diagnosing this with our engineering team the past couple of days. They recommended to update to the most recent Android app version in the play store [which was just released today] and see if that fixes it. Let me know if you're still running into trouble after that. 👍

0 Kudos
sweethomelife
Just visiting

Thanks so much @PinterestGabby - I was able to make my first story pin.

Sorry for the delay in replying - it keeps throwing errors. 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to hear, @sweethomelife! Yikes, sorry to hear you were getting errors with responding! Do you happen to remember what the error message looked like? Is this still happening or were you just experiencing this on a specific day? 

0 Kudos
sweethomelife
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby I just got it before when posting a reply to the story pin question.
Here is the screen shot:

sweethomelife_0-1591911151670.png

0 Kudos