Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Bulk Video Pin Uploader Issues

teejayhughes
Just visiting

Hi everyone! 

I'm a creator that helps people with posing and photography, and I'm trying to use the Pinterest Bulk Pin Creator. Has anyone has success using it? 

I have a lot of videos that I want to space out on uploading, but I'm having trouble formatting the excel sheet. The biggest issue is turning the video files that I want to upload into direct URL's that end in MP4 or dl=1. It says on the help center the file has to be in that format, but I'm not sure how I can host my video files as a URL for the excel sheet to use it. 

Would love some help if anyone has done it already! 

Cheers,

Teejay

1 Kudo
6 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @teejayhughes, welcome to the PBC! Happy to have ya. 🙂  

I can't recall...but @owlbbaking or @typicallytopical have either of you had experience using the Bulk Pin editor? Regarding your second question, you'll want to use a tool that can host the direct image link to the sheet. Here's an example. If you need additional help with this, I'd recommend filing a ticket with our support team. Hope that helps and lmk if you have any qs! 

1 Kudo
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Hi @PinterestGabby I have not used it before. 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying! Wasn't sure so wanted to check. 😉 

1 Kudo
teejayhughes
Just visiting

Hey Gabby,

Thanks for the response. I filed a ticket with the support team and they basically told me I have to hire a web developer to help me with this... So I hit a dead end. Hopefully the other person you tagged can provide some insights because this feature would help me tremendously. 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @teejayhughes, can you share the ticket # with me from support? Would like to look into it. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
artmark8

Hi All,

I have the same problem.

How can I bulk Upload videos that are stored in in my desktop C: drive?

I enter the URL video as file:///filepath.mp4  (for example file:///C:/ZTest1/video1.mp4) in the CSV file and I got this error : "Video link in URL column isn't formatted properly"

When I copy Paste "file:///C:/ZTest1/video1.mp4" in a browser, the video is read.

Thanks for help. 

Best Regards

1 Kudo