Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Bloggers with Digital Products Seem to Have an Advantage Over Physical Product Sellers

andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Since I've been using Pinterest I've noticed that bloggers with a digital product or online course to sell have tremendous success on the platform. It's common to hear metrics such as 'I generated 10K new email sign-ups in 2 months' or 'I have one pin that went viral and continues to generate 30,000K website visitors a month.' 

I was wondering if there's a creator on Pinterest who's a physical product seller that can site these types of metrics or if one should expect success to be scaled down. I'm especially curious about those who sell luxury (non-essential ie: jewelry) products $300 - $10,000 range.

Any feedback from other creators who are physical product sellers would be greatly appreciated. I'm just curious about what kind of success metrics I can roughly expect with the amount of effort I put into my Pinterest marketing. 

Thanks ahead of time! 😊📌

7 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thehalcyonhive Thanks! Happy Holidays to you as well! ☃️🎄😊

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
9 Replies
carolinamarie_
Just visiting

Hi! I have one client who is a high-end antique jeweler and we've reached about $5K in sales via organic in the last 30 days - with about 6K page visits. I've been working on her strategy for a solid 10 months now. We ran paid ads for about 6 months as well. I'd say it's definitely worth investing the time. Once I build a foundation for her strategy, I could create custom content, Pin about 10-15 Pins a day and do this in about 2 or so hours a week. Hope that helps! 

4 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@carolinamarie_  Thanks for the feedback! What was your promoted pin strategy? Did you optimize your campaigns for traffic or conversions? As far as your custom content goes, are you referring to content marketing? Congrats on your wonderful results for your client! 😊🎉

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a great topic to start!! Tagging in a few other Pinterest managers who might have thoughts... @saunders_says, @pinitsmart, @simplepinmedia, @BryannaVPH. 🙂 

2 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestGabby Awesome! I would love to know general benchmark KPI's for my particular industry of independent makers and small-batch artisans. This is rather an opaque subject with very little actionable information that would allow for a more concise strategy of where to spend our time marketing. Most people in this space are one-person operations and it's essential that we have an idea of what kind of goals are possible to reach. 

Thank you so much for putting the APB to the Pinterest managers. 📌🤓❤️

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thehalcyonhive maybe you have some thoughts here, too! 

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey! 

I only have one client currently that sells physical products and I just got started on her account.  But what I would advise a client with a high-ticket luxury item is that people don't impulse buy on Pinterest so you're strategy would be to get them on your email list.  They come to Pinterest to get ideas, inspiration, & solutions. What could you offer or share (lead-magnet) that they would want? For running ads, I would start with a traffic campaign using keywords & interests. Then when you have enough conversions on your event tag ("signup" if your goal is to grow your list), you can switch to a conversion campaign. 

2 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thehalcyonhive Yup, all great points and all part of my current strategy. This holiday season I grew my email list by 30%. I created 4 separate opt-ins with custom landing pages each with its own email automation series. 

As far as ads go, I believe the golden benchmark before switching over from a traffic objective to a conversion-based campaign objective is 50 a week. I've had marginal success with promoted pins but nothing to write home about.

My focus has been on organic traffic and testing different types of content and lead magnets. Pinterest is a long game that takes consistent effort over a long period of time. It's taken me years to grow my account and the numbers are now beginning to reflect that effort.

Thanks for the feedback! 🤓📌

4 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

You are definitely doing all the right things!  And you are also correct, it does take consistency and TIME to see the fruits of your efforts! 🙂  Happy Holidays!

2 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thehalcyonhive Thanks! Happy Holidays to you as well! ☃️🎄😊

1 Kudo