Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Account Suspended - Paying my Dues?

healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

After over 2 years of blogging, I guess it's time to finally pay my freaking dues with a Pinterest suspension (cue massive eye roll)

I typically pin 2-3 pins per day of my own content and occasionally pin other's content, but still never more than 5 TOTAL pins a day. 

I never comment on pins, only respond to people who comment on my pins....and I NEVER direct message, anyone, on Pinterest. 

I don't have a question, just wanted to vent, and to let you all know....I'm here with you now. 

I've opened a ticket, so hopefully, it will be resolved soon without too much of a negative impact on traffic. 

In the mean time, I'm going to go open a bottle of wine and have a pity party.

1 Kudo
8 Replies
chefkatrina
Just visiting

I'm actually hearing from a lot of different pinners that their accounts have been suspended.  I'm curious as to what is going on. Hopefully we can get some answers soon. 🙂  

0 Kudos
CAABCrochet

mine too, as well as many others. It's back now (others are as well I hear), but I went from 44,000 followers to 28,000 when it was restored!

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone and @healthyambitionsteam [🍷] . Our team has looked into this and the issue has since been since resolved. If you’re still having trouble with your account, please file a ticket with our support team so they can keep track and troubleshoot as needed. If anyone has any other questions, please let me know!

0 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby have you heard of others not getting all their followers back after this glitch? I'm down over 1,000 followers since my account came back online.

2 Kudos
thelemondaisy
Just visiting

Will there be an official response why accounts lost followers? 

2 Kudos
acolorfuldayp
Just visiting

Hi! Cheers.  I want to drink some wine and laugh.   

I lost almost 57K followers once my account [ @acolorfuldayp ]  was reactivated. 

I decided wait because I heard of other people who experienced the same but after one day they recovered their followers.

One person told me maybe they were suspended accounts (I doubted it).

This weekend I talked with some people I know who followed me from the beggining of my Pinterest account ( a couple of years ago) and now when they open my account in Pinterest they see the follow button red like they never have followed me.

This means these lost accounts are not neccesarily banned or suspend accounts, these accounts were lost or disconnectedwith the massive glitch.

I would appreciatte if someone in Pinterest answer about the lost followers. There is a lot of work and good pinning involved to get these followers.  Thanks, Dalma  @PinterestGabby   @PinterestRenato 

Pinterest followers lost2.jpg

2 Kudos
ambertemerity
Just visiting

I'm wondering the same! It's wild to me that both Tailwind and Pinterest have seemingly remained silent on this.

1 Kudo
thelemondaisy
Just visiting

I'll be ditching Tailwind when my subscription is up. It took too long to build up my Pinterest account to have an outside company get me suspended. 

If it is just a glitch, as I suspect, then I would expect Tailwind to say something about it on their podcast, at least to acknowledge it. But since they didn't even acknowledge the error (even if it's Pinterest's error) I lost confidence in their being transparent and knowledgeable about Pinterest.

1 Kudo