Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Why are story pins now appearing at the top of the Created Tab?

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I got some sort of update today from Pinterest and my story pins are now appearing at the top of my created feed. As I don't do story pins very often but have done quite a bit overall, it's annoying to have to scroll thru all the old story pins to view my latest created pins and videos metrics. I now have to go into saved pins and click on a specific board to track the metrics of a pin I just created because when you click all pins under saved pins (another change Pinterest just made today) I can no longer see metrics. I can no longer compare the metrics of pins from different boards side by side. Thus I can't tell with a quick glance which boards or pins are performing well compared to each other. 

The point is the metrics of the latest pin (whatever it was story, video, or regular pin) used to always be at the top in the created section regardless of board, now I have dig down to find those same metrics. Seems counter productive and wasteful in terms of time for a business account.

Maybe this is an attempt to get people to do story pins on Pinterest, but they just don't work for me anymore. On a good day I used to get 20K story pin impressions (if I posted two stories) now any story I post yields less than 1K. Whereas videos yield 5K-6K impressions for me in a few minutes. Why would I even bother with story pins anymore with such diminishing returns? So from my point of view, Pinterest has suddenly prioritized (at least placed on top anyway) a feature that does not adequately serve my account. 

Chris

2 Kudos
7 Replies
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

One of the glitches seems to be when you refresh all pins under saved pins the default switches from standard view to compact view. Depending on screen size (or maybe it's all the time) you cannot see metrics in compact view. Clicking the two lines with the dots to the left of the + sign and reselecting the standard view for all pins restores the metrics. While this seems like a viable workaround to the changes, it requires 4 clicks to see the metrics of all pins versus how it used to be right in front of you on the first page. I'm not sure why Pinterest would bury a feature in this update that is so important to business accounts, especially one that once was available on the default screen.

0 Kudos
joycolorr
Just visiting

Hello, hundereds of Pinterest users are complaining the sudden drop in impressions of story pins from 1 december. Have you ever found any solution for this ? 

I have 2 million followers on my account, I just tried 3 story pins in the last 2 months and what I got is below 300 impressions on each stories. recent story pins.jpg

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@joycolorr 

Story pins seem to be broken or not worth the effort. My guesses are that no cares (users or Pinterest) about them anymore, there's a bug in the system that actively suppresses story content from some accounts, or there are so many stories out there now that it's hard to get any traction.

As an account with early access to story pins, I found tremendous success with story pins (as high as 20K impressions some days) early on, but all of my other pins suffered at the same time. I never figured out if story pin success was inversely proportional somehow to the success of other pins. But as soon as I stopped doing story pins, my account's standard and video pins once again gained traction for me.

I only post original pins and I do not repin my older pins. I do however release different versions of a pin weeks apart varying color, font, format (video or standard) and board. 

I'm currently averaging 90K impressions per day or 2.7M impressions per month with 3.2K followers.

1K of those impressions have come from stories. So .03% of all my impressions come from story pins.

My top 50 pins represent 1M impressions. 75% of those pin impressions are from video. 

It's an easy choice for me right now. I focus on video versus story pins. Even my standard pins out perform story pins by a wide margin. It's easier for me to make a standard pin, so overall beyond my top fifty pins I have a better balance between standard pin and video pin impressions. Either way though, story pins currently have no discernible contribution to the success of my account. 

Chris

0 Kudos
joycolorr
Just visiting

I never recieved more then 300 impressions on my story pins though i have 2 million pinterest followers. I contacted their support but totally waste of time, never got any solution. I am not sure but from 1 decmeber almost 70% story impressions have been decreased to all those users who are using story pins.. May be its becuase of some updates bla bla, but i am not sure whether their was an update on 1 december or not.. 

If no update, then I think you will get back the impressions may be within one month ..Honestly, pinterest must solve this issue. 

2 Kudos
singleleo_officials

My question is how have some people managed to have it so that only 3 of their story pins are shown on the created tab. How do I do that?

0 Kudos
tailwind
Loves to help

They may only have 3 Idea Pins. Idea Pins will show at the top of your Created tab.

~ Alisa

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi folks! For more information about the new creator following stream, check out our latest product release notes. 🙂 

1 Kudo