Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Which Do You Prefer? Music, Voice Over or No Sound for Idea Pins

BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey PBC,

When creating Idea Pins, do you typically add music from the library, use voice over, or have no sound?

Perhaps your pins have original sound so you don't add any additional sound?

I've been experimenting. Sometimes my pins without sound does better in terms of Saves. Other times, my pins with voice over does best.

But the difference in analytics may not have anything to do with having sound, rather than the content itself.

Which do you prefer: music, voice over or no sound? 

All the best 🎼

@BestFunGifts 

What’s Your Most Saved Pin? [ Share Success Tips! ] 

1 Kudo
25 Replies
veronikalipar
Loves to help

I use everything - depending on the format of the idea pin. But personally, I dislike when people talk to the camera (pretending you are there with them). I don't think I would actually even like my voice-over idea pins (when I describe different outfits - but I don't show up in the video) if I was not me. It feels so personal, watching others. And I don't think it's just me feeling this way - my idea pins don't get a lot of likes. They get saves, but not likes or comments. But the reach is better with voice over than with the music only idea pins. The music only idea pins get around 4k impressions. Which is bad.

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@veronikalipar Great points! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and insights re: voice over. Lately, I stopped using music, it takes too much time to select and it doesn’t make a difference in my Saves☺️

2 Kudos
veronikalipar
Loves to help

I feel you. I spend 30 minutes on average to pick a song. I feel I have fewer options with all these new songs. They added the worst songs. I wish there were more instrumental songs as a background to my voiceovers.

0 Kudos
beboldwithkatah
Loves to help

l love adding music and creating a vibe around what I want people to feel/experience while watching the idea pin. Sometimes, I'll even pick songs based on their names because I know it sets a tone. 

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@beboldwithkatah Great idea! Most of my selected music is instrumental, no lyrics. I think it helps with creating a vibe based on the pin topic ☺️

1 Kudo
beboldwithkatah
Loves to help

Same! I like the instrumentals sometimes I do lyrics if it feels right. 

1 Kudo