Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

What’s the best business advice you’ve ever been given?

co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

It's almost Friday, PBC 😊

I'm here to connect with this beautiful community so I'll be dropping engaging questions like this first one:
What’s the best business advice you’ve ever been given?

I'll go first.

I don't know if it's the best ever, but the best one that got to my ears lately is:

"Don't assume that just because you have something valuable and life-changing, people are going to buy it. It's not enough to just create something valuable, it has to be something marketable. The solution to this is a pre-order campaign. This gives you the right insights on how marketable your product is."

Tag, you're it! 👇🏼

2 Kudos
4 Replies
AccentYourself
Loves to help

Avoid debt...When starting out, look for used equipment as much as possible...it saves you a ton of money!  I owned my own personal training studio several years ago.  Most of my equipment when I opened was stuff I already had at home, and/or used items I found on Craigslist.  My flooring was the most expensive item in my gym...not a brand new treadmill (it was used!).  And, often, the older models (AKA Schwinn Airdyne) are of higher quality than newer.  Guess what, the used equipment worked just as well as shiny and new, and I didn't have any debt when I opened.  

4 Kudos
co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

Oh, that's a great one right there @AccentYourself 

Starting out as you did is not normalized but it should be, most of us have this perfection mindset because we tend to look up at businesses that are already established and they passed the start-up phase, while many times it takes way less to get started and improve along the way.

That's a great reminder, thank you!

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Great question @co_cultiv8

It's not advice I've received directly, but your question immediately brought this to mind for me: 

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." - Eleanor Roosevelt 

It always reminds me that if I'm struggling with something - work, personal, my own mindset... that it almost always feels better, less insurmountable, I have a new perspective... when I've slept. 🙂 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@co_cultiv8 

Hi

I wasn't actually given this advice directly but it is something I have learned by watching - prior to changing careers I was a Law Clerk and worked for a private corporate company.

If it doesn't happen the first time, change make it better, and do it again.

I always remember watching and working and what some companies did right and others didn't do right - when I look around today I can see who kept changing and making it better and those who didn't.

I keep this in mind as I move through my own businesses and how I can apply it to social media.

Lisa

2 Kudos