Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

What pin sizes work the best?

lifestyleofafoodie
Just visiting
Labels (1)

What pin sizes work the best to increase website click?

4 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @lifestyleofafoodie! Check out this page on our Business site about product specs, you might find some useful tips in here. 😉 

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
elementalpromise
Just visiting

I find that vertical always, always converts better. I also try to pay attention to which pins I like. So when you're pinning things yourself, which pins stand out to you and what do you like about them?

2 Kudos
fashionayasha
Just visiting

Vertical pins are more eye-catching and also get re-pinned more often. 

1 Kudo
10 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @lifestyleofafoodie! Check out this page on our Business site about product specs, you might find some useful tips in here. 😉 

4 Kudos
elementalpromise
Just visiting

I find that vertical always, always converts better. I also try to pay attention to which pins I like. So when you're pinning things yourself, which pins stand out to you and what do you like about them?

2 Kudos
fashionayasha
Just visiting

Pins that are long and vertical work better than a horizontal pin

2 Kudos
fashionayasha
Just visiting

Vertical pins are more eye-catching and also get re-pinned more often. 

1 Kudo
elvchen
Just visiting

It is probably impossible to get you a perfect answer here as it always depends on product, branch, the picture itself and goal which is why I would alway always always suggest A/B testing. If you try different sizes and tag the links in the pin correctly, then you can see in your Google Analytics later on which formats, colours, themes etc perform best. I hope that helps.

1 Kudo
kaileybrumwell
Just visiting

I've found that vertical 2:3 is most often used and recommended, no longer than a 1:2 ratio or they will be considered too long and be cut off at the bottom. 

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey there!
Don’t create square images for Pinterest, I tend to create images at 720 (my blog’s content width) x 1080, or occasionally 600 x 900 for even tighter file sizes.

I had even started making my “regular” Pins taller than 2:3, because others have raved about how well tall Pins perform.

Hope it will help. 🙂

1 Kudo
elementalpromise
Just visiting

Agreed and I since I want to create content fast, I use the canva Instagrom story template size for both my pins and my Instagram stories.

They are a good size on Pinterest and it saves me time.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Canva is awesome, @elementalpromise ! I've also used Adobe Spark as well in my social media manager days. 🙂 

1 Kudo