Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Visit Button Missing

livinglocurto
Just visiting

Question for you @PinterestGabby - did the visit button on mobile disappear on the new update? I wanted to confirm this was intentional to share the news with my creator students. Hopefully it's just a glitch. It now says SEND or SAVE... there is no way to get to the website unless you click the 3 tiny dots. Users are contacting us very frustrated they can't get to the website because they don't know how to find the visit link anymore. 

1 Kudo
5 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @livinglocurto! I'm checking with our team on this and will update you as soon as I hear back. Appreciate your patience. 🙂 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @livinglocurto! Quick follow-up here, are you referring to the visit button on Video Pins? 

0 Kudos
livinglocurto
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby Yes. There is no more visit button. I'm guessing this is on purpose and Pinterest decided to only allow that button on paid video pins? 

I'm getting asked a lot of questions from the creator community about this. Since Pinterest hasn't announced any changes, I wanted to see if you could clarify. Thanks.

It's concerning because the "visit website" link is hidden under the 3 dots and directly above the Hide or Report link. Makes for a bad user experience and many questions to creators from Pinterest users who can't find how to get to the link for more directions/recipe, etc. We can't keep up with the questions.

FYI- The last I looked when I originally asked that question, both standard pins and video pins had no more visit button. Now I am seeing the visit button again on standard pins but not video pins.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @livinglocurto! My apologies in the delay for getting back to you. Based on user feedback and research, we've redesigned the video closeup to prioritize sharing of Video Pins instead of visits. To do this, we've moved the visit button into the menu (behind "..."). We did not make any changes to standard Pins, only Video Pins. 

Thanks for sharing your feedback re: UX, I've made a note of this to share with our product and engineering teams for review. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help clarify for you, we're here to help! 

0 Kudos
marissakcreates

Hi there! I’m noticing that the “visit website” button isn’t showing up at all on my video pins when you click the three dots and that there’s no where for the link to be accessed for users. Has it officially been taken away? 

Best,

Marissa

0 Kudos