Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Videos not loading

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I typically load 2-3 videos per day without issue. For the last 24 hours I have not been able to load any video pins. Is anyone experiencing issues with video pins?

thanks,

Chris

https://www.pinterest.com/theburntsunsetnovel 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@theburntsunsetnovel hey Chris! There was a bug that was impacting video uploads which was causing them to be in a locked review state, but this should now be resolved. Can you confirm that you're able to upload Video Pins again? LMK, and hope you had a nice holiday. 🙂 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

The videos seem to be stuck in review mode. After an hour they time out and disappear.

video issue pinterest.jpg

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@theburntsunsetnovel hey Chris! There was a bug that was impacting video uploads which was causing them to be in a locked review state, but this should now be resolved. Can you confirm that you're able to upload Video Pins again? LMK, and hope you had a nice holiday. 🙂 

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby Videos are now loading normally for me. I had a nice holiday. Hope you did too. Zoom calls were surprising fun with our families.

thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby  Videos seem to be stuck in review state again. My videos have been stuck in review state since yesterday. I deleted those and tried to load a new one today with same result.

Chris

0 Kudos
YellowTableGoods
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby I am having this issue as well. I have a video uploaded yesterday that has gone into review state and remained stuck there. 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for flagging, @theburntsunsetnovel and @YellowTableGoods! Thanks for flagging, is this still happening? Shouldn't take longer than 24 hours for a Video Pin to be reviewed so there might be something else going on...LMK. 🤞

0 Kudos
YellowTableGoods
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby Yes! It is fine if I am on my phone with the android app, but on the desktop, it is under review. I have not posted anything since as I was not sure what was going on, so you can see the most recent video: https://www.pinterest.com/MsSierraBailey/_created/

Thank you for your reply!

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@YellowTableGoods  @PinterestGabby 

I've been posting videos on a regular basis 2-3 times per day with a loading/review issue occurring about once a week. So for me, videos work most of the time. I had one get stuck yesterday but two work fine today. I have noticed however, any video that stalls gets horrible metrics. My recommendation is to delete a stuck video if it takes too long to load. Then change it slightly and reload once videos are working again. 

Here's and example of the metric issue with a stalled video. Video 1, 2, and 4 loaded fine, but video 3 stalled: 

video issues.jpg

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YellowTableGoods thanks for letting me know! I've made a note of this to share with our team. In the meantime, can you file a ticket with support so they can keep track and escalate? You can submit a ticket here. Thank you! 

1 Kudo