Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Uploading Data Source for Catalog

jordanfryco
Just visiting

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to upload a hosted .csv file to create a catalog but I keep getting the error that it isn't a supported file type. I have tried hosting on Google Drive as well as OneDrive and neither seem to be working. I'm at a loss for what to do next. What are the best places to host a .csv for free so I can get this uploaded?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

UPDATE! (Oct 2022)

I keep seeing this question (or similar ones) come up and wanted to update the information my original response is outdated (2020) and incorrect now.

You can no longer host your manual data source on Google Drive. 

Rather, when you download your .csv file you should upload it to your website's media folder and grab the link from there.  I use ShowIt and Wordpress and both of those platforms will work, as well as, Squarespace. If you have another website platform and have done this successfully, please share! 🙂

---------------

(Out of date information - do not follow the below steps)

'Not sure if you guys already tried this but I thought I would share what worked for me...

I host the catalog on Google Drive as a .csv, but to get the correct link, you have to make a custom URL so that Pinterest can download it.

Right-click on the .csv in your Google Drive file and select "get link".  Then just grab the combination of letters and numbers in the middle (see image).  Then paste it to the end of this URL:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=

1) Select and copy these letters and numbers1) Select and copy these letters and numbers2) paste them after the "="2) paste them after the "="

View solution in original post

9 Kudos
20 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jordanfryco! Nice to see you again, hope you're doing well. Have you tried filing a ticket with support yet? I'd recommend going that route so they can help troubleshoot with your account and provide a swift solution. In the meantime, I'll check with our team to see if they have tips I can share here. 🤞

0 Kudos
ingostore

@PinterestGabby please help sharing the tips, I have tried to upload the product feed to my account, but it is got the errors. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
silicashack

I am having the same exact issue, I tried asking support for help and it is useless. @PinterestGabby have you figured anything out on your end?

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @silicashack, thanks for letting us know. Can you drop the ticket # you received from support so we can double-check/escalate? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

UPDATE! (Oct 2022)

I keep seeing this question (or similar ones) come up and wanted to update the information my original response is outdated (2020) and incorrect now.

Rather, when you download your .csv file you should upload it to your website's media folder and grab the link from there.  I use ShowIt and Wordpress and both of those platforms will work, as well as, Squarespace. If you have another website platform and have done this successfully, please share! 🙂

---------------

(Out of date information - do not follow the below steps)

'Not sure if you guys already tried this but I thought I would share what worked for me...

I host the catalog on Google Drive as a .csv, but to get the correct link, you have to make a custom URL so that Pinterest can download it.

Right-click on the .csv in your Google Drive file and select "get link".  Then just grab the combination of letters and numbers in the middle (see image).  Then paste it to the end of this URL:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=

1) Select and copy these letters and numbers1) Select and copy these letters and numbers2) paste them after the "="2) paste them after the "="

9 Kudos
adultcoloringmagic
Just visiting

I still don't know what goes in the box over "The unique feed profile name to identify your feed"  and what goes in the Product feed URL box  "Hosted on an external site with metadata formatted in English". They don't make this very easy for a person. When I ask for help, they just send me the same info that tells me nothing. Very frustrated

1 Kudo
shimouva
Just visiting

Hi @thehalcyonhive 

Doesn't Pinterest requires the catalog's data source URL to start with your claimed domain name website ?

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

UPDATE! (Oct 2022)

I keep seeing this question (or similar ones) come up and wanted to update the information my original response is outdated and incorrect now.

1 Kudo
shimouva
Just visiting

@thehalcyonhive 

you've made it easier on me!

thank you very much ❤️

0 Kudos