Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tuesday Tips 📌 Exploring Analytics

PinterestMyriah
Pinployee
Pinployee
Labels (3)

pexels-timur-saglambilek-185576.jpg

Analytics.pinterest.com is an analytics solution that helps Creators understand their overall presence on Pinterest. With Pinterest analytics, Creators can learn about:

• How people interact with their content across different channels (example: impressions, unique viewers and engagements across content they’ve published or saved from their claimed website or other claimed accounts (Etsy, YouTube and/or Instagram).
  • Where their content on Pinterest came from (example: organic and paid content created or saved by a partner, organic content created or saved by a Pinner).
  • Where people interact with their content (example: mobile, web, tablet, etc.).
  • What content performs the best (example: which Pins are getting more engagement).

Key features

• See impressions, viewers (total audience), engagements and engaged audience from the last 30 days.
  • See organic, paid and earned engagement for all of your Pins.
  • Find out how people on Pinterest interact with content they save from your claimed accounts.
  • View your most popular Pins and ads to build your content and media strategy with confidence.
  • Learn which topics your audience is interested in, based on their behavior on Pinterest.
  • View metrics specific to both organic and paid videos.

How to get started

• On Web
    • Before you begin, make sure you are set up with a business profile
    • Go to www.pinterest.com and click on Analytics. 
    • Select Overview from the dropdown menu
  • On Mobile
    • Navigate to your profile via your avatar in the bottom menu bar
    • In the upper right corner, select the graph icon

Share your thoughts or feedback below on how you are leveraging the analytics tool!

11 Kudos
30 Replies
4thHouseOnTheRight
Posts regularly

Just another note on how most if not all platforms are doing this... Google is now prioritizing web stories too! I'm trying to figure out how to work smarter not harder by creating stories using a template that I can just alter for each platform. Especially since the aspect ratio is the same across platforms, I figure it could save loads of time.

Either way, it's fun creating.

2 Kudos
dailydoseofluxury
Posts regularly

@4thHouseOnTheRight I use templates for my stories, especially for swipe ups/out to my blog. I currently use Mojo and it's been super helpful in customizing templates. Those same templates can be saved as a photo if necessary, but I love how it can be used across platforms and it's not favoriting one or the other. I use the same story templates for my LTK/reward style and affiliate stuff as well. Great for cross use. Saves a ton of time and maybe that's why I'm so comfortable with story pins at this point. 

3 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@dailydoseofluxury I agree with your take of Link + Story Pins - Like you I have always maintained that if people really want to 'act' on something you have created | posted | selling they will link or no link. 

I know that a lot of people won't agree with me but that is one of the things I like about Story Pins (no link), you can really see who wants to know more and who doesn't. If people want to engage they will no matter what - I often think of links as a security blanket.

Lisa

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dailydoseofluxury I'd LOVE to see that blog post you wrote on Story Pins! If you're comfortable sharing, ofc. 🤗

3 Kudos
dailydoseofluxury
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby It's linked ! 4 Reasons You Should Be Using Story Pins

And for time reference this post was back in early Feb.

2 Kudos
thesupermomlife
Just visiting

Just an FYI! I FINALLY found someone in Pinterest support who took the time to actually look at the issue and see why my traffic (and so many others) had gone from thousands to 0. Here is his response:

We looked into this and found a bug in our spam blocker that was mistakenly flagging safe content. We’re working on this now to get everything back to normal - this may take several days.

We apologize for any inconvenience. We work hard to keep spammy links off of Pinterest and at times the system flags false-positives. We appreciate your help here, and as always, welcome any feedback.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to hear that you were able to get in touch with support, @thesupermomlife. 🙂 

0 Kudos
thesupermomlife
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby, unfortunately, the issue they said was being fixed was never fixed and now I'm getting the runaround again saying that it's my fault (based on what I should be doing - which I'm already doing) that my traffic dropped to nothing. I hired a "Pinterest expert" and after a month, my traffic dropped even lower. It's very discouraging. I'm thinking I need to give up on Pinterest.

0 Kudos
YourHappinessQuest
Just visiting

@thesupermomlife try spending a month making idea pins and see what happens. I recently had a client and  their stats just kept plummeting the past few months for no obvious reasons. It was very stressful but adding idea pins started to recover traffic. P.S. I ended up at the of this thread somehow so I just see everyone has already told you to do that 😅. Think of them like little helpful slideshows that build your know, like trust factor with people rather than trying to get them to your site with links or CTAs. You want people to feel inspired afterwards and they're like wow that was helpful or that was a good idea. I'll go follow this person and check out their other content and website. They do really help to drive traffic to your blog. Good luck.

0 Kudos
thatscatm
Just visiting

Great information and wonder now if by any chance since my engagement in new content has lowered and my impressions are lowering over time if by any chance in flagged or the algorithm just favors my nail looks and wellness quotes more than my beauty/skincare posts. 

0 Kudos