Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tuesday Tips 📌 Exploring Analytics

PinterestMyriah
Pinployee
Pinployee
Labels (3)

pexels-timur-saglambilek-185576.jpg

Analytics.pinterest.com is an analytics solution that helps Creators understand their overall presence on Pinterest. With Pinterest analytics, Creators can learn about:

• How people interact with their content across different channels (example: impressions, unique viewers and engagements across content they’ve published or saved from their claimed website or other claimed accounts (Etsy, YouTube and/or Instagram).
  • Where their content on Pinterest came from (example: organic and paid content created or saved by a partner, organic content created or saved by a Pinner).
  • Where people interact with their content (example: mobile, web, tablet, etc.).
  • What content performs the best (example: which Pins are getting more engagement).

Key features

• See impressions, viewers (total audience), engagements and engaged audience from the last 30 days.
  • See organic, paid and earned engagement for all of your Pins.
  • Find out how people on Pinterest interact with content they save from your claimed accounts.
  • View your most popular Pins and ads to build your content and media strategy with confidence.
  • Learn which topics your audience is interested in, based on their behavior on Pinterest.
  • View metrics specific to both organic and paid videos.

How to get started

• On Web
    • Before you begin, make sure you are set up with a business profile
    • Go to www.pinterest.com and click on Analytics. 
    • Select Overview from the dropdown menu
  • On Mobile
    • Navigate to your profile via your avatar in the bottom menu bar
    • In the upper right corner, select the graph icon

Share your thoughts or feedback below on how you are leveraging the analytics tool!

11 Kudos
30 Replies
owlbbaking
Loves to help

@dailydoseofluxury Thanks, I appreciate it! Makes perfect sense. I can see how the Audience Insights tab can be more useful in that way.  Sometimes I get way too lost in the numbers! 😋 

I'll try to start combining these interests to get better reach and see how it goes!

BTW - your content is GORGEOUS!! 

2 Kudos
thesupermomlife
Just visiting

Hi everyone! Do we have any idea why impression numbers have tanked over the last few months? I went from 1-2k views in the first couple of hours to less than 10 impressions in a week. My overall went from 3.5M a month to 36k a month. When I reached out to Pinterest support, they wouldn't look at my account to see if there was an issue, it was just a copy/paste reply that didn't answer my concerns or questions at all. When I asked if I could speak to someone else, they closed my ticket and said "sorry we can't help". It's been an extremely frustrating experience all around.

Pinterest used to be the #1 traffic for my blog and has since dropped to the last. I'm not doing anything differently. I even hired an expert to try to help me and after a month of trying new things that have been proven to work, she has not been able to figure it out either. 

I would love some input so I can get the numbers back to where they used to be! I support my family through my blog and as my traffic continues to decline, so do the sponsored opportunities.

2 Kudos
Nicolebarkerva
Just visiting

I run a pretty good sized Pinterest agency.  We have done some a/b testing.  I found that if you do not contribute story pins weekly as part of your daily fresh pin strategy your account will tank. I took a quick look at your account.  Your story pins are  not done in the way pinterest says is best practice.  Some are not a story pin as they have no slides etc.  but when you do story pins.  I know they do not necessarily drive clicks that you can count but pinterest does show your account more when you do what they ask and in turn does show your pins more and drive clicks.  Have your pinterest agency run some true a/b tests to help you determine.  

1 Kudo
thesupermomlife
Just visiting

@Nicolebarkerva  I'm assuming this reply was to me, though I could be wrong. If I'm being totally honest, I am not a fan of story pins. I don't understand the point of them and have not found a reason to post a bunch of random slides that lead nowhere and are of no value to anyone. Now that every social channel has "stories", it's too much to keep up with so I choose to post them in the places that make sense and allow me to link to my blog. So if what you're saying is correct, if I choose not to post stories daily, my account will never recover? 

0 Kudos
Nicolebarkerva
Just visiting

@thesupermomlife  We found that the accounts that did not participate in Stories did not perform. It makes sense to me. If you want to promote your content on this free platform that you do what they are wanting you to do and follow their rules and guidelines. 

2 Kudos
thesupermomlife
Just visiting

@Nicolebarkerva  thank you for your reply; however, I must disagree. Just because a platform rolls out a new feature, doesn't mean we are obligated to use it. If I am convinced at a later date that they have a purpose, I may use them, but right now I just don't have the time to waste on a feature that has no purpose for me or my audience.

0 Kudos
4thHouseOnTheRight
Posts regularly

I agree with @Nicolebarkerva 

Pinterest is doing pretty much the same as other platforms in that when something new is rolled out, accounts that use the newest features see more traction. It's well known that FB & IG do it. It's no different out here. 

I also agree with @thesupermomlife that the option to link out or send pinners "somewhere" would be great to have. Otherwise it does seem like a lot of work with little payoff. My analytics are all over the place - HUGE fluctuation day by day!

3 Kudos
Nicolebarkerva
Just visiting

@4thHouseOnTheRight @thesupermomlife  Trust me I want them to link back as well.   We tried to not include them in our strategy but quickly found if we did the account overall performed better.  So while we cannot attribute the exact click throughs for to the story pins. I do see the account as a whole performs better and gets higher click through rate when we add this “feature” into our strategy. 

2 Kudos
dailydoseofluxury
Posts regularly

thank you so much!!! @owlbbaking I appreciate it! 

0 Kudos
dailydoseofluxury
Posts regularly

@thesupermomlife  the great thing is Pinterest is hearing us and working on rolling out more features. I will say, though it may seem "pointless" since you can't link out to anything as of yet, still promoting my blog by way of digital story frames which I post as Story Pins has drawn a lot of traffic to my blog. Though you can't click out directly from the Pin as of yet, if its something people are actually into they can just head to your profile and click the link, people that want the information don't mind that "extra bit" of work. Especially if they really want it. It's worth trying. I do agree that sure you don't have to take on every new feature of every platform, I agree 1000 percent, but I've been tracking my analytics and results in a spread sheet for that last 4 months and the growth for me personally is insane. So much so I even created a blog post about it encouraging people to use story pins. I love social platforms, but my goal is to get people to my owned platform (blog and newsletter). If that is your goal, it might be a good idea to give it a try. You can also put links and information in the details/notes and people can tap there as well. If you don't want to try it, totally understandable, but it's worth it.

While followers was never my main concern on pinterest from January to now, my following as grown by 3K followers, my impressions and engagements have doubled/tripled. My saves and outbound clicks have doubled as well and that's without an actual link out directly on my pins. NO PRESSURE, just wanted to share how it can still work even though it may not seem like it does. Think of it as not having a swipe up link, if people really want you're sharing on IG for example and you have a link in bio, if they really want it they'll click it, it's just part of the process you know. Stay encouraged!

4 Kudos