Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Traffic/impressions suddenly dropped over 90%

sincerelystudents
Just visiting
Im a blogger and have been using Pinterest for months now with no issues. I publish fresh pins daily and always follow community guidelines. However, my accounts reach has suddenly taken a nosedive recently.

Within a week, my Pinterest daily impressions have dropped from around 30k to 1k and stayed there. I’m aware of the natural fluctuations in impressions, but this doesn’t seem like one of those. In addition, I almost completely publish fresh Pins and re-pin very little Pins, almost none at all. I read about this in the Pinterest best practices, so I’ve been following it. Therefore, I don’t believe this drop in numbers is caused by the amount of re-pins vs fresh Pins on my account. 

I also strongly believe that all my best-performing Pins were removed from Search results, as well as Smart Feeds. I wasnt able to find any of my Pins (even those that were ranking recently) when searching keywords.

I've reached out to Pinterest's Help Center multiple times and was told that this was "normal" and that there is no spam filter on my account. Would anyone happen to have experienced something similar? And does anyone know why this might be happening? Thank you 🙂
7 Kudos
10 Replies
makeitwonderland
Just visiting

Wow this is pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.

1 Kudo