Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tips for Encouraging More SAVES on Your Pins! 📌

JanaOMedia
Marvel

There have been a few posts recently asking questions like...

"How can I get more saves on my pins?" 

So I wanted to create a reference post with some of my tips. 

Be sure to read to the end, because THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP is the last one! 🙂 

1) Suggest the save early on. You can include a phrase like, "Save for later!", "Save this pin!" or "You'll want to save this one!" as text overlay on your first or second slide. 

2) Add a specific call to action on a separate slide at the end of the idea pin. Make it easy to read and... 

3) Suggest a specific board that your pinner could pin to. This one is a great "human psychology hack." Doing this gives the pinner added context - and helps her see how this idea can fit into her life. When she sees how it will fit, she'll be more likely to save it. 

To bring this to life, here are some examples: 

• Pin this to your ‘Healthy Eating’ board!
  • Save this to your ‘Morning Routine Ideas’ board - or start one!
  • Save this pin and take it to the grocery store!
  • Pin this to your ‘stretching & flexibility’ board!

The above are three of the tactics I’m currently using (for my own account and for clients) to get more people saving our pins!

A few additional tips / notes... ⁠

4) You don't have to all of these things on every pin. And it might be better not to. Mix it up and do what makes logical sense for your pin. ⁠

5) Aaaaallllll of these are just tactics you can try. The MOST IMPORTANT "tip" to remember if you want more saves... is that we have to create high-quality, "save-worthy" pins

We can call people to action for daaaayyyyyyyz to "save, save, save!" ... but if the content isn't something people believe they would want to re-visit, it won't really work. ⁠

That means following best creative practices AND sharing ideas that make people think... 

"Huh! Cool idea. I may want to re-visit this and try it tomorrow / next week / some time in the future!"

That's it, in human terms. A pin people want to save is one that solve a problem, gives them an idea they want to remember and try... something that feels very relevant for them. (So that means we need to really understand our audiences and deliver that great content!) 

I hope this gives you some new ideas to try!  

Jana 

7 Kudos
5 Replies
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I love these tips @JanaOMedia  and will start following them myself.
Thanks for sharing such wealth of knowledge in this community!

1 Kudo
Harmony2c
Just visiting

Great suggestions @JanaOMedia. Thanks for sharing these tips. I like how you convinced us to read to the last tip by emphasizing the importance in the beginning. Great tactic!

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@Harmony2c - so glad these helped you! And thank you! 🙂 

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Awesome tips as always, @JanaOMedia !!  🙂

0 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel