Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

The "Tagged topics" field no longer availble in the app in pin-idea creation

Helen_walrus

1) The "Tagged topics" field no longer appears in the app when creating pins-ideas. What could be the reason?
2) Pin-ideas are showing up on audiences in countries other than the US. In the last month, my audience stats by country have changed, the US pins are showing less, even though I have the correct country and language set. How do I fix this?

1 Kudo
4 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @Helen_walrus!

I am still seeing the ability to add tags on Idea Pins - in the Idea Pin builder on mobile. I would make sure your app is updated, and then just wait a day or two. Sometimes things like this are temporary glitches, and often they resolve themselves. You can also send a request to the help center: https://help.pinterest.com/en/contact 

I hope it gets resolved for you quickly! 

As per your second question: To my knowledge, there is not a way to target any specific geographic area with organic pins, or restrict organic distribution to one country or area (Ads / promoted pins are a different story!).

Pinterest serves pins to people based on relevancy. You could check out this article about how distribution works. I know when I read it, some things became more clear to me. I hope it helps you! 

https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/pin-performance-and-distribution 

@terezatoledo @michaelbliss @bodymindmood - what do you guys think? 

3 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Helen_walrus , like @JanaOMedia , I still have the ability to add tags.
For organic distribution the content is distributed as Jana shared above. If your pins have content and keywords that people are searching for in other areas of the world, they'll see them. And if it's being searched less in other areas, I would show less.

The best way would be to do a deep research on how people are searching for the content you have in the area you'd like to target and create a strategy around it. Seasonality plays a big role here.

I hope this helps.

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Helen_walrus @JanaOMedia 

Hi there thank you for the tag @JanaOMedia 

I just did a check on Idea Pin @mentions and yes they work and are still there for both IOS | Android - make sure you update your phone regardless of the IOS you are using Note there are big updates coming especially from Apple for phones | ipads | laptops.

As for country | location et al. on Pins @JanaOMedia is right there is no way to adjust this - ensure that if you are running anything like a VPN et al. to turn it off when working on Pinterest as that can impact the kind of data you see and your viewers see. 

If you are targeting a specific market and perhaps run ads then consider running ads with Pinterest - you can really niche down on location and other market variables. Lastly - if you want to run ads with Idea Pins that is probably the best way for you to achieve any goals you may have where viewership is concerned.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for the tag @JanaOMedia !

@Helen_walrus 

As Lisa @bodymindmood mentioned, I looked at iOS and Android app, both have tags capability. If you are using Android, trying clearing the cache. This could help you.

1 Kudo