Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tailwind and Pinterest

SimplifyandStreamline
Just visiting
Hello, I'm new to Pinterest and just like many of us, am trying to figure out the best strategy. Pinterest has stated "we encourage new publishing over saving others' or your own already-pinned content. Pinners come to our platform to find new ideas and as we continue to update our service, we'll prioritize new original content published by creators over Saves." So how does that apply to Tailwind communities? If we're all resharing the same pin dozens of times in a community, is that considered "new publishing"? What is the point of reppining from communities? Just trying to get perspective, maybe I'm missing something. Thanks for your insight in advance!
1 Kudo
4 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi there welcome to the community - Your not missing anything this is an ongoing subject here in the community. 

Best Strategy is always to create new and fresh content first and foremost and then repining or sharing other content, obviously you don't want to repin to the point of becoming spam but a little "look what I have discovered on Pinterest" goes a long way.

Another great idea is to get access to Story Pins if you don't already have access and start really showing your stuff through your content. Story Pins have really helped me, I definitely can attest to the benefits of using Story Pins and becoming part of the Creator Community👈 👆This is a great way to Build Your Pinterest Cred!

Please also check out the link to get access to Story Pins 

I am currently using Tailwind and really they are amazing although admittedly I don't use the Communities as much so I really can't respond to that aspect - only that its always better to keep creating your own content.

If your interested check out my Youtube Channel The Pinterest Chronicles - specifically

Things You Need To Do When Starting Out On Pinterest In 2021

I give a short and sweet list on things based on my experience that you need to consider when starting on Pinterest in 2021.

I talk about Tailwind & Vimeo in addition to other apps who are partnered with Pinterest - there are also links that you can check out for other apps that are amazing for content creation.

I hope this helps you a little and I hope you keep coming back to the PBC and keep posting and FYI being on the PBC is a really good first step when starting out on Pinterest.

I have followed you and friended you on the PBC.

@PinterestGabby @tailwind @vimeo 

Lisa

3 Kudos
SimplifyandStreamline
Just visiting

Hi @bodymindmood,

Thank you! Glad to know I'm not the only one. I will check out your Youtube channel. Thank you for taking the time to provide all of the helpful insight as well, especially your take on Story Pins. 

Wishing you continued succes! 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@SimplifyandStreamline Hi glad I could give you some info. 

Please do come back and if you know something that can help others on Pinterest then please go ahead and share it - the PBC is a great place to network and share.

Thanks Lisa

If my response helped you please go ahead and click Accept As Solution.

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the super in-depth response, @bodymindmood! @SimplifyandStreamline, welcome to the PBC! Let us know if we can help ya with anything else. 🙂 

1 Kudo