Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Syncing Your Products On Shopify?

theobcessory
Just visiting

Wondering to those that have a shopify store - do you sync your products automatically from the channel on shopify?

I currently do and realized that it creates the same pins over and over especially if I have multiple sizes or colors in a product. Does it hurt you to have the same images and everything when you post on pinterest later? 

I personally go on and schedule pins later with different captions and keywords and things for products as well as other content i make for pinterest, but wondering if this is doing to much or hurting other pieces of content I post. 

Should I shut the syncing off? What are your thoughts or some best practices!

Thanks in advance and hope this question makes sense 🙂 

xx. Andrea

2 Kudos
6 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@theobcessory 

Hi there - I read your post and that is a really great question!

While I don’t have a Shopify Store I wanted to make sure you got an answer so I am tagging a fellow Pioneer who can provide a more insightful answer to your question @andrealidesigns 

I hope this will help you.

Lisa

2 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello @theobcessory,

I've encountered this exact issue before with other Shopify users who have multiple variants associated with their products. It's usually a result of a third-party plug-in that manages the product variants interfering with the partnered plug-in for product uploads with Pinterest.

Your options are - 

1. Uninstalling your partnered plug-in and manually install your tags and product catalog upload instead.
  2. Keep things the way they are, and keep your multiple product pins. These should not affect the reach of any published content you create with custom pins for later.
  3. Turn off syncing, forfeit your chances to become a Verified Merchant, and have a shop tab associated with your account.

I hope this helps! 🤓📌

@bodymindmood 

3 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@andrealidesigns 

Thank you this is great advice.

Lisa

2 Kudos
theobcessory
Just visiting

Thank you both! 

Andrea, super helpful! I don't mind the multiple pins since they only show on the products board and noone can see that. But sometimes i noticed a pin for a certain time will bring over a lot of traffic to my website with a high super bounce rate and no conversions. I've since tried to reroute those pins to my instagram in hopes they'll follow over there and become part of my community and gain trust in me 🙂 

Again thank you both! 

3 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmood, of course! My pleasure! 🤓📌

2 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@theobcessory You're very welcome! Good luck! 🤓📌

2 Kudos