Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Success Tips: How to Make Money on Pinterest [ Share Your Tips! ]

BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer
Labels (3)

Hey PBC,

How are you making money on Pinterest? 

• Branded content?
  • Shoppable pins?
  • Affiliate marketing?
  • Influencer marketing?
  • Creator Rewards?
  • Paid partnerships?
  • Other?

Welcome your money making success tips too!

My main method is offering Pinterest marketing services and creating content for the Creator Rewards Program.

For marketing services, I primarily help startups and small businesses with business account setup and managing ads. Most of my clients are word of mouth referrals. 

For content creation, designing infographics related to mental health and personal finance has been most successful for meeting the monthly reward goals.

I haven't had much success with affiliate marketing though. But would love to hear what works best for you😉

All the best,

@BestFunGifts 

4 Kudos
12 Replies
co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

What a great topic to dialogue on, thank you for this!😊

My main method is similar to your main method except I cannot access the Creator Rewards Program due to my current location, but I always encourage all the creators and UGC creators in my online community to get o this program if they are eligible.

I haven't had much success with affiliate marketing also, but I'm thinking of changing the strategy and niching down, while building a community on another platform, around my interests. 

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Great question, @BestFunGifts

(And @co_cultiv8 - just checked out your profile! I love your pin about the DIY sugar scrub!) 

I make some money from the Creator Rewards program - which I really love. I'd be creating pins for business anyway - so I love that I can monetize in this "extra" way. (And if I'm being real, the CR program has definitely motivated me to create MORE Idea pins, and BETTER ones, too! 🙂 So all around a great experience. 

My main ways of monetizing, though, are through my businesses services and products.

Services - I take on select clients for Pinterest account and strategy - through "done for you" offers and coaching. I have a specialization in helping health and wellness coaches set Pinterest up to attract clients and generate leads.  

Products - I have two courses - Pinterest with Purpose & Idea Pin Brilliance. My main strategy with Pinterest marketing for those courses is to *grow my email list* using the platform - and then I sell my courses to my audience there (after nurturing and building value, of course!).

Love this question, and looking forward to seeing what others share! 

2 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @co_cultiv8 ,

Thank you for sharing your experience😁 Hopefully the Creator Rewards Program extends to your location soon.

Keep us updated as you niche down and refine your strategy! Looking forward to supporting you along the way!

Good luck,

@BestFunGifts 

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

That's great @JanaOMedia !

Sounds like a lot of synergy between your business and the Creator Rewards Program😀 I've been saving your videos in my Business board and Social Media board. Do your health & wellness coaches client find you through networking events, referral, blog?

1 Kudo
co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

Thank you!

The best part of not being able to access the program already is that I have time to focus on my so-neglected Pinterest account and work on the plan and content, time to master my own craft.

Thank you for your amazing support, I'm so grateful for this community here!

Have a peaceful weekend 🤗

1 Kudo
co_cultiv8
Posts regularly

Oh, thank you so much for appreciating such a random Pin in my chaotic Pinterest profile that has been so neglected for too long. It's only recently that I've decided to focus my attention and activity on Pinterest, for my own niche switch, it's the platform that I love the most and that developed so amazingly through the years. 

I'm taking it slow, my burnout forces me to. 

Hope you'll have a great weekend!

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

You're welcome! Good luck😁

0 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@BestFunGifts - thank you! ❤️ ... And my 1:1 private clients find me through a variety of channels - but Pinterest and Instagram are among them. And Clubhouse. And Google SEO. 🙂 And yes I get some referrals, too! I only take about 4 clients per year right now - so it's sort of all over the place, but all of those channels above have generated sales calls and clients for me in the last couple of years! 

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@JanaOMedia Hurray for leveraging Clubhouse! I’m with you, anything more than 4 to 5 accounts for me is too much. Also, I encounter so many “brain pickers” which gets to be annoying. But I’m going to those folks to your courses now. 

0 Kudos