Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Story Pins Impressions are declining every single day from 1st Feb ?

miggondotcom
Posts regularly

My question is why this is happening ? 😞

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi there!

I totally understand, let's get into this problem a little bit together.

Idea Pins allow us to offer more value to your followers, inspire action, and, more importantly, drive traffic to our website.
For many of us, Idea Pins represent an excellent opportunity to showcase expertise and engage people with valuable content.

Sometimes pinners face with the engagment issues, which can be frustrating sometimes. But this can be caused by some technical issues or new updates can affect algorthims for a short amount of time.
I advice you not to stop sharing your amazing ideas with your followers! So here are some tips for you to create good performing Pinterest Idea Pins:

Use only high-quality visuals
Use catchy titles
Consider your audience’s expectations
Go more in-depth than the average pin
Supplement visuals with helpful text
Inspire action

Check out this link in order to get more information about your performance on Pinterest: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/pinterest-analytics

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
9 Replies
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

Hi everyone,

I am really speechless with every new updates my pins impressions are getting down to down. From 1 Feb 2022 my story pins impressions have been decreased to 5000%. Anyone else who is facing the same issue? Contacted the Pinterest help center got a copy past reply from them,

1 Kudo
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi There! 

I glanced at your profile (love your video profile cover, btw!) and have a couple thoughts for you. 

First, are you making just as many Idea Pins as you were before? It could be that some of your older/first Idea Pins aren't traveling as much throughout Pinterest. I would be sure to include creating Idea Pins in your content mix ongoing if you're not already. 

Secondly, I would suggest adding some context to your Idea Pins that make it feel more like an Idea or Inspiration when a Pinner sees it vs. more of just a product for sell. Also consider avoiding at the buying link on the creative. Instead a text overlay like "flowy dresses for spring" or "how to style combat boots" would fall more in line with how Idea Pins are intended. Can you show people how to style an item, or combine different products around a theme/trend that all work in together one Idea Pin? Just some thoughts! 

Adjusting your content and creative on the Idea Pins, and publishing them regularly, should help you get more traction! 

4 Kudos
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

Hi there, 

Thank you for the response. I am a daily Pinterest user and yes we are making as many idea pins as before. Before this 5000% dropped in impression on story pins i was sharing almost 5 to 10 story pins on daily basis, but now i am not keen to share more then 2, because i think now sharing story pins is useless because your pins do not get the impressions they actually deserve.

0 Kudos
chillnglow
Posts regularly

Hi @miggondotcom 

You're certainly not alone in this. Like you, I started noticing this issue a couple of days back. I thought I was losing my mind lol. 

For some reason, my story pins stopped pulling in huge impressions like before, no matter what I did. Now i get about a hundred or 200 impressions if I'm lucky. 

Still no clue on how to solve it yet. Hoping Pinterest resolves the issue soon. 

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi there!

I totally understand, let's get into this problem a little bit together.

Idea Pins allow us to offer more value to your followers, inspire action, and, more importantly, drive traffic to our website.
For many of us, Idea Pins represent an excellent opportunity to showcase expertise and engage people with valuable content.

Sometimes pinners face with the engagment issues, which can be frustrating sometimes. But this can be caused by some technical issues or new updates can affect algorthims for a short amount of time.
I advice you not to stop sharing your amazing ideas with your followers! So here are some tips for you to create good performing Pinterest Idea Pins:

Use only high-quality visuals
Use catchy titles
Consider your audience’s expectations
Go more in-depth than the average pin
Supplement visuals with helpful text
Inspire action

Check out this link in order to get more information about your performance on Pinterest: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/pinterest-analytics

3 Kudos
PinterestDavid

Hi @miggondotcom!

I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with the Analytics on your account.

I just replied to your post on community.pinterest.biz/t5/business-chat/my-account-pins-have-been-deindexed-please-solution.

Like I mentioned there, I can see that you filled a ticket to our support team yesterday.

I just passed your ticket to the relevant team who will investigate and further assist you with your query.

You should receive a reply from them soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meanwhile.

1 Kudo
freepik
Just visiting

Hi @miggondotcom @PinterestDavid  , have you solved this problem? In my case, it has happened the same since 1 Feb 2022, and the Pinterest answer is the same template you shared. I don't know what to do! Thank you!

2 Kudos
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

@freepik unfortunately, the problem is still there. What about yours?

1 Kudo
mandehajourneys
Just visiting

@miggondotcom 
There is no help from pinterest even for me. Have a look at my concern as well.. 
There are 1000's of users talking about it since 2021 update about this bug, but they don't accept and solve this issue, instead they provide template response (which we already do on pinterest)
Massive drop in impressions and viewers | Pinterest Business Community - 30464

0 Kudos