Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Standard pins up as Idea Pins

BLNCO_
Just visiting

Hi Everyone, i was curious if anyone else has noticed standard pins are now showing up on the front (homepage) of your pinterest user interface. I have noticed the standard pins are now showing up as Idea pins and i'm not sure if there is a way to reverse this or if this apart of a new update? Any idea? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
egruening
Just visiting

Yes and no! My idea pins are still there, they are just mixed up with all my standard pins.  I just came here to see what happened. I noticed it first on my app and thought it was just an app thing but it also on my desktop as well. After selling us on Idea pins, this is not a favourite update by any means. They are basically added to the mix of everything it seems. Hoping we get a response soon. 

2 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I believe this is something Pinterest is testing out on some accounts.  Standard pins have always been on the "created" tab, however, Idea Pins since rolling out publicly have been prioritized to the top.  

I've heard of some accounts that saw this change and then the next day it was back to having Idea Pins on top. 

Pinterest is alway working on ways to make the user experience better and this may be one of those things!

0 Kudos
veronikalipar
Loves to help

Oh yes, and I really hate that. Luckily, my idea pins are still where they were in the Pinterest app on my iphone.

0 Kudos
egruening
Just visiting

I'm a week with it this "new way". I hate it to be honest. Thanks for replying! Hopefully I don't have to wait much longer. 

0 Kudos