Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

small business planning

itsmeeangeell
Just visiting

Hi! So I'm currently planning to start a small business with one of the my friends but we don't know what to sell. So I was wondering if you guys can give some of ideas of what to sell. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @itsmeeangeell 

That's great! So you want to be a business owner...cool!

1) While there are dozens of ways to make money online, hundreds of potential niches, and millions of products to sell online, the foundation of your success comes down to two things: the right products and
target market.

2) Pinterest is great for market intelligence so you can stay ahead of the competition. Let me show how to find the most popular products on Pinterest:

a. Use the search engine.

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 7.35.50 PM.png

For example, let's say I was interested in selling home decor items and I was thinking about bringing in lampshades. As you can see on the image above there are topics/keywords in the Guided Search Tool. It appears that beaded, victorian, and vintage are trending high. This tells you that people in the past 30 days are looking for these items. So that's what you want to buy. 

I was a fashion buyer at one point in my life and was required to buy nine months in advance. NOTE: You should definitely check out the PINSIGHTS that Pinterest releases every year. 

If you look at the larger boxes below the Guided Search Tool you'll see decor themes starting with Glam, Nautical and so on. What's that telling you? That you absolutely need to consider carrying these themes. 

3) Check out the Trends tool as well

What can you learn here? It appears that lampshades peaked in January. This information can help you decipher when to order your products. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 7.40.59 PM.png

4) This one is a little secret I want to share with you.

https://explodingtopics.com/

It shows you when products are taking off!

I hope that helps. Bottom line; do what you love.

Please click the button accept as solution if you found this helpful. Thanks and I wish you all the best! 

1 Kudo