Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Shopify and Image Selection

yogasanamats
Just visiting

In my Shop tab, I would like the first image to appear (the front of the product) and not one of the other images -- but it appears that Pinterest is pulling in random images (sometimes the 2nd, 3rd or last)? How do I direct it so it pulls in the first product image?

4 Kudos
40 Replies
alisammeredith
Loves to help

For the record, the word removed per Community Guidelines was your name. I promise I didn't call you anything NSFW!

0 Kudos
secretlentil

Couldn't you make the first image the default and work on some other way of solving it later? It chooses weird little detail shots that are not helpful at all. It really defeats the entire purpose of the feed, for me. Your response is almost a year old. Please, please just have the feed choose the first image we have chosen. Thanks.

3 Kudos
PrimePartyOfficial

Coming up on a year with this issue.  Lots of "kicking the can" replies from the Pinterest account.  Best solution is to adopt the first image, it's typically the image that works best for our store so it should work fine for Pinterest users too.  

Pinterest, please stop calling me to increase my ad spend when the for lack of clicks/sales is in your court.  With over 1M Shopify stores worldwide, I'd think this would be a bigger concern for you.

Feast your eyes on this yummy content your algorithm is creating for Pinterest users with no way for me to fix manually (and please don't tell me to delete my alt images, that's not a fix, it's a bandaid attached to a bad customer experience on my site) ... 

Pinterest-Image Issue.jpg

3 Kudos
BrennaAnnes

@PinterestSusana This post is now over a year old. The issue renders the Shopify - Pinterest integration unusable. Can you offer an update on when this will be resolved?

1 Kudo
indigoantiques
Just visiting

Hi Pinterest and @PinterestSupport @PinterestSusana @Anonymous , this complaint is now 1 year old and Pinterest still hasn't fixed it. How can you expect Shopify website owners to spend money advertising when you don't even want to provide the bare minimum of showing the main product images? 

The attached photo shows my product grid where of the 75 products displayed, 60% show an inaccurate or bad image. (the back of a product or a detail image with zero context)Pinterest, please can you explain how a 60% failure rate is acceptable? 

A simple fix would just be to temporarily change your algorithm to choose the first image for any hosted URL's containing https://cdn.shopify.com/ 

We would all appreciate an update on this outdated and poor functioning feature as I and many other Shopify owners will not be spending on Pinterest ads until you can showcase our products to an acceptable level. 

Pinterest Poor Images.jpg

1 Kudo
WildTruthDesignCo

Just chiming in to say that we are now approaching the one year mark since the initial response that Pinterest is "working on it." The images being pulled from my shop are absolutely horrible. And I'm considering pulling the plug on this Shopify integration, because it makes my Pinterest shop look horrid. It's also deeply impacted my Pinterest sales. 

Is there an update yet from Pinterest about this?

2 Kudos
BoneandBrass

It has been well over a year since I contacted Pinterest about the exact same issue. I think it's time we all pull our accounts from Pinterest and see if they get their "programmers" working any faster on the issue. It's absolutely unacceptable on their behalf!  

1 Kudo
moonlightcitizen
Just visiting

Sadly, due to this issue being neglected for too long, I have officially deleted this integration. They will contact you and try to get you to use this feature to advertise and be very confused when you tell them the feature doesn't work. I will never understand how this is such a low priority. Anyway, moral of the story, don't keep waiting for a fix and just delete this integration already.

1 Kudo
pvmntstore

Also having the same issue.

We sell mainly clothes and shoes and the algorithm is choosing images such as the soles on the shoes or the wash labels of the clothing instead of the main image.

Really infuriating and feels hopeless writing this as this thread is over a year old with lots of people having the same issue and no solution at all. I honestly can't understand why they can't just add the option to change the image of a product pin.

Hope this gets fixed soon, no way I can justify spending money to promote my pinterest page when it looks like a mess.

1 Kudo
sweetcuresyork

I've the same issue with a store I run (https://www.pinterest.co.uk/sweetcuresyork/_shop/) - It appears to me as if the clever algorithm - isn't all that clever and all Pinterest are doing is selecting the very last image or two. So in theory as long as your last image is a reasonable one - it should be OK. It's a poor fix and your best images are normally front loaded - but so far this has worked for us - just updating the rest of the images now. (The last 3  images you can see I've updated using the last image method). We alway had our rebranded image as our last image, hence noticing Pinterest pulling the last image each time. 

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 15.25.17.png

0 Kudos