Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

"Bug" in system removing Pins from Public Search

SaltySideDish
Just visiting

Back in May, all of my pins in public search dissapeared. After countless back and forth messages, my account was "mistakenly flagged" in the filter and it was put back in, took about 2 weeks to get my content back in search and all was normal. 

Then on June 1, it happened again. I reached out to Pinterest and this is what I am told (see screen shot). 

As a professional content creator, I spent more time on Pinterest than any other platform, perfecting custom images, custom videos, and stories. I am a secure site, do not break TOS, and have high quality content and over 100 recipe videos, the kind Pinterest wants on their site to combat spam. 

But I am going on day 5 with no answer other than "its a bug" - I have emailed back to ask the timeline of whitelisting my URL properly to be told basically they are still working on it. 

After looking into it, I am not the only blogger experiencing complete removal from public search, keywords, and suggested pins - basically wiping out years of work. 

Because it takes so long to get responses back and forth, with very little info from the Pinterest side, it leaves us feeling left in the dark on customer service with no end in site on when our content will be put back in. 

There has got to be a way to not only prevent this from happening, but to verify our accounts so we dont get hit wrongly as a spammer URL. I know when I got hit, I barely do 5-6 new pins a day, all custom done and brand new for Pinterest readers and my readers. 

I know that Pinterest values its relationships with content creators, so can anyone please tell me what is going on? 5 days missing (and counting) in a top social media channel is a huge deal.

@PinterestJanice @PinterestGabby 

6 Kudos
22 Replies
baldbrothersblog
Just visiting

Have any of you been able to get hold of an actual human over at Pinterest support? I keep getting bot replies! @SaltySideDish 

0 Kudos
SaltySideDish
Just visiting

yes, I have gotten real people but they are not the "team" that takes care of these blocks, so it keeps getting pushed up, then Ill inquire on timing and I have been told to be patient..its been 8 days so far that I have been down. I dont have the ability to let it go - because its my main social referrer. I have worked years on the SEO for these pins. 

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

pinterest message copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 10.49.52 AM.png

1 Kudo
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @theburntsunsetnovel. I want you to know you are heard and I understand your frustration with Pinterest. We understand you need to do what's best for you, I can assure you we are advocating for you and sharing your reports.

The community software can be sensitive to certain symbols used commonly in HTML and, in order to protect the community from abuse (bad actors will commonly use HTML exploits), it will truncate the message and/or give you an error message asking you to remove HTML. This is normal behavior. Generally, you can take a look at any symbols or phrases that might be the offender and use an alternative. I am also willing to use the text file you were creating your post out of to test in a private environment for possible software bugs. 

0 Kudos
SaltySideDish
Just visiting

I wanted to update that they fixed my account!

6 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to hear, @SaltySideDish! Happy our team was able to get that resolved for you. 🤗

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Great news @SaltySideDish , as I could feel your frustration even though I haven't had this happen to me!

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestJaniceI get that Red Error message a lot here at PBC and it's for no good reason that I can tell. For instance, when I tag someone with the "@" symbol it happens about 1 in 10 times. When I try to add the URL to my blog it happens almost every time and also if I need to post another URL for someone to visit.

I've gotten to the point now... where I create my post or reply in Windows Notepad & copy/paste it here just in case it gets truncated with this error message.

0 Kudos
baldbrothersblog
Just visiting

Do you perhaps have an email address of Pinterest I could use? As the creators one is no longer valid. 

@SaltySideDish 

0 Kudos
beautybitesorg
Just visiting

@SaltySideDish Congrats! Did they fix it after you wrote to Pinterest support?  

0 Kudos