Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Questions about US Creator Residency Hub

moonlightbyAM
Posts regularly

Hi everyone --

I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has any information on the US Creator Residency Hub program. Is it invite only? What are the requirements and criteria to be invited and to be able to participate? Once in, what are some of the perks, benefits, etc of being in the program?

Thanks so much!

Best regards,

Alex M

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @moonlightbyAM! There are a few different programs and tools that all start with the word "Creator." There has been some confusion about what they all mean - and how they are related but also different. So I'm going to give you some basic info and some links. 🙂 

The Creator Residency program is by invitation only - and I'm not sure it's still open, TBH. But it's not something that we hear about much these days. 

The Creator Fund is a 5-week program focused on educating and teaching creators form underrepresented communities how to succeed on the platform. Those who apply and are accepted get a grant - and special education and partnership opportunities. That program is not currently open for application. The last cohort application period was in July if I'm remembering correctly - and it opens intermittently throughout the year. When it opens again, announcements will be made here in the PBC. 

Creator Rewards is a monetization program (in beta) for creators to earn money for creating original Idea Pins in response to monthly reward goals created by Pinterest. To learn more about Creator Rewards click here: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/creator-rewards

The Creator Hub is not a program but rather a tool; an area of your mobile Pinterest app. If you have created some Idea Pins, you should see a red button on your profile that says Creator Hub. Inside there, you can access things like analytics, trending keywords ("unpinned spaces"), and other creator-focused tools and announcements. 

If you have access to Creator Rewards, this Hub is also where you'll have an "Earn" tab that houses the monthly editorial assignments for the program. Again, this tab only shows up there is you meet the qualifications and area accepted for Creator Rewards as outlined in the link above. 

I hope this helps give you some clarity around all this! 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
5 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @moonlightbyAM! There are a few different programs and tools that all start with the word "Creator." There has been some confusion about what they all mean - and how they are related but also different. So I'm going to give you some basic info and some links. 🙂 

The Creator Residency program is by invitation only - and I'm not sure it's still open, TBH. But it's not something that we hear about much these days. 

The Creator Fund is a 5-week program focused on educating and teaching creators form underrepresented communities how to succeed on the platform. Those who apply and are accepted get a grant - and special education and partnership opportunities. That program is not currently open for application. The last cohort application period was in July if I'm remembering correctly - and it opens intermittently throughout the year. When it opens again, announcements will be made here in the PBC. 

Creator Rewards is a monetization program (in beta) for creators to earn money for creating original Idea Pins in response to monthly reward goals created by Pinterest. To learn more about Creator Rewards click here: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/creator-rewards

The Creator Hub is not a program but rather a tool; an area of your mobile Pinterest app. If you have created some Idea Pins, you should see a red button on your profile that says Creator Hub. Inside there, you can access things like analytics, trending keywords ("unpinned spaces"), and other creator-focused tools and announcements. 

If you have access to Creator Rewards, this Hub is also where you'll have an "Earn" tab that houses the monthly editorial assignments for the program. Again, this tab only shows up there is you meet the qualifications and area accepted for Creator Rewards as outlined in the link above. 

I hope this helps give you some clarity around all this! 

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@moonlightbyAM  Adding to what @JanaOMedia mentioned, the Creator Residency Program is invite only. I'm currently in the program, but I'm not sure how often new cohorts are added.

1 Kudo
moonlightbyAM
Posts regularly

@JanaOMedia Thanks so much for the information. It's very helpful! 

@michaelbliss I am just curious - what are some additional perks and benefits you got from the residency program if you don't mind I am asking? Thank you!

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@moonlightbyAM  You can ask specific questions about the Creator Residency Program here. Btw... I like your pumpkin spice matcha latte Idea Pin! Definitely going to try it!

2 Kudos
moonlightbyAM
Posts regularly

Awesome, thanks so much!! 😁

1 Kudo