Looking for some answers about promoting my original songs.. Thx!
Hi @drummercasey66, welcome to the PBC! 😃
See below for a few tips to get you started, and be sure to check out our Spotlights to hear from other creators in the community. Give us a shout if you have any questions!
📌 Your images
- Use high-quality images. Make sure they’re high resolution pictures that are well-composed and in focus.
- Go for taller Pins. Vertically-oriented Pins look better on mobile screens. The ideal aspect ratio for a Pin is 2:3 (600px wide x 900px high).
- Be helpful. Pinners may not read your description, so be sure the image can stand on its own, or add text overlay to give more context.
📌 Your descriptions
- Include relevant, useful descriptions that relate to the image. Use 50-250 word descriptions that include keywords and adjectives to help people imagine how they’ll use the Pin.
- Write thoughtful, timeless copy. Pins last forever, so avoid descriptions that focus on timely promotional information.
📌 Quality check
- Make sure your Pins link to a relevant webpage. High-quality landing pages rank better in our search results.
- Include thoughtful descriptions on the stuff people save from your website. Learn how to add descriptions to the Save button on your site.
- Use Rich Pins. Rich Pins automatically add more information to your Pins and lead to higher engagement.
You can learn more about creating successful Pins in our creative best practices guide.