Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Problem with unclaiming a website

I am having a problem with unclaiming a website, I have business account and website is added to personal account, I want to unclaim website from personal so I can claim it to business account. I hit unclaim button and it vanishes but when page reloads it comes again.

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abetterresume
Loves to help

It is very likely that your unclaim was successful.

Often when actions go to a database, it takes time for them to update. So while you did press the unclaim button, your display may be showing the results of the database which still reads claimed.

The other explanation is your cache. Your browser stores an image of a page and for speed will display that page before the source is read so you have instant images. If it is your cache, then you will need to clear your cache.

Clear your cache and refresh your screen. If that doesn't work, wait a bit and log out, then relog into your account.

If either of these suggestions are not successful, open a support ticket.

Good luck with your transfer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abetterresume
Loves to help

It is very likely that your unclaim was successful.

Often when actions go to a database, it takes time for them to update. So while you did press the unclaim button, your display may be showing the results of the database which still reads claimed.

The other explanation is your cache. Your browser stores an image of a page and for speed will display that page before the source is read so you have instant images. If it is your cache, then you will need to clear your cache.

Clear your cache and refresh your screen. If that doesn't work, wait a bit and log out, then relog into your account.

If either of these suggestions are not successful, open a support ticket.

Good luck with your transfer.

0 Kudos
abetterresume
Loves to help

Just another thought. Did you clear the validation code from your website? You will need to change it anyway, but if your website validation code is still showing you website is still associated with your personal account, that may make it more difficult to unclaim.

0 Kudos
shieldmaidensarmoury
Just visiting

I'm having a similar problem. I had a personal account, then opened a separate business account. I went through and have tried everything they suggested, including trying a different browser, disabling all my add-ons, clearing cache, logging out and back in again, trying through incognito mode... So frustrating! I'll have to try waiting for a bit, see if that does the trick. I've also contacted support on the other end (Etsy), to see if they can troubleshoot from their end.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @abetterresume! 🤘@secretlavishofficial were you able to get this resolved with the suggestions provided here? If not, I'd recommend taking a look at this article, and then filing a ticket if you need more support. Cheers!  

0 Kudos