Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Verified Merchant Rejection

KemedressOffical
Just visiting

I'm not getting verified Merchant Program Approval... I have done all the policy pages... Nothing wrong with my store...

Experts, please guide me...

My store is integrated with Bigcommerce platforms... And had submitted the feed URL from Google drive. Currently, I'm not able to update my feed because it's blocked.

@bodymindmood @thehalcyonhive  @jenvazquezmedia  @michaelbliss 

Thank you 🙂 

1 Kudo
7 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@KemedressOffical 

Hi, Welcome to the PBC!

I read your post and I'm sorry you are having difficulty with the Verified Merchant Program.

Before I answer it would be helpful if I could look at your site - can you provide you site information as I wasn't able to find it on Pinterest?

I look forward to your response.

Lisa

2 Kudos
KemedressOffical
Just visiting

Hey! Thanks for your reply 

This is my online store. Kindly check the issue and let me know 

I will really appreciate it if you help me out @bodymindmood

https://www.kemedress.com

Thank You Lisa 🙂 

1 Kudo
KemedressOffical
Just visiting

Hey! Experts I'm inviting you to help me out as well @PinterestGabby  @PinterestJanice  @hostesstori  

@ideachicretail  I will really appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@KemedressOffical 

Hi

I had a look at your website and I will make some suggestions below, I am also sharing a link to the Merchant Guidelines which I would encourage you to read including other Guidelines that are listed within the Merchant Guidelines. I have pasted a portion of the General Merchant Guidelines as they apply to your website and my suggestions.

Please take the time to read the Merchant Guidelines

I reviewed your Shipping | Refund | Return Policies that you have listed and they are not clear - Rule of Thumb if your policies are not clear to Pinterest then they would not be clear to your customers. Further, you should not encourage customers to just keep the items if they are not satisfied, a good business practice is to accept an item(s) returned if the customer is not satisfied and to offer the customer some options with respect to compensation for their purchase.

I reviewed some online reviews of your company, the reviews were not good.

ReviewsReviews

As per the guidelines I have listed below in red, you will find that poor third party reviews allows Pinterest to shut down feed access et al. 

My suggestion would be to review and fix any and all issues relating to your policies - unfortunately the third party reviews are not something you can fix and you may not receive a positive response from Pinterest on this issue.

I would also suggest that if you make any changes to your website you wait 24hrs before filing an appeal. You have 30 days to fix any issues before you file an appeal.

General Merchant Guidelines

While Pinterest is not involved in facilitating the purchase, sale or delivery of goods, we want people to have good experiences shopping for products they find on Pinterest. We want merchants to offer the best customer service possible, and that includes setting clear expectations about product quality, price, delivery times and return processes. And, of course, we want merchants to meet those expectations.

Merchants are responsible for making sure they follow all relevant laws, regulations and industry codes when they use our service. Merchants are also responsible for handling and responding to all purchases, deliveries, customer service questions, complaints, problems and disputes. 

We reserve the right to remove product Pins for violating these guidelines and to shut down feed access from any merchant based on poor third-party ratings or on platform signals such as a record of complaints. We may remove anything for any reason, including Pins, boards or your access to Pinterest. 

I realize that this may not be the answer you were looking for but I am only sharing what I see on your website versus the Merchant Guidelines I never promise or guarantee that any merchant status will be reinstated or not on this point it is entirely at Pinterest’s discretion.

I hope this does help.

Lisa.

1 Kudo
KemedressOffical
Just visiting

Excellent Thank you so much for letting me know about all these errors... 

You can please check my policy pages again... I have updated them...

Actually, I have been doing this business since 2016. I got thousand of positive review ratings on my website... These are only 8 negative ratings... I have cross-checked users some are fake reviews and ratings by competitors. They never bought something from my website. 

My products are excellent in quality... As well we provide quality service... I use to return the product if a customer complains about it. 

And the second website is also my competitor's website... They wrote bad things about all the there competitors including my brand.., 

What's the solution, Lisa?? @bodymindmood 

Also one thing... They did not take down my feed... As per their guidelines you mention... They would have taken down the feed... But they are saying 

Check these screenshots... And my policy pages too. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BoAMUY_E6xWo99K4HEx_PszxX_394naT/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R8iXMFwE6wECJtH7x3eB4nD3rVKbIMc1/view?usp=sharing

Thank you 

Lisa 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@KemedressOffical 

Hi,

I read your reply and had a look at your links and I appreciate you sharing them with me.

I went back to your website and yes your policies look great. Yes, I noticed they did not remove the feed I mentioned it because it is at Pinterest's discretion what they remove and allow access to.

I did a little more searching and below are screenshots of what I found. What I can tell you about Pinterest is the more transparent you are the better, that said I found an additional website for kemedress.

https://www.kemedress.net/

https://www.kemedress.com/

Both websites are very different in terms of policies + other information - the most obvious issue is your email addresses there are two - see photos below. I have no doubt that this is not allowed your policies in addition to your email addresses on both websites are contradicting each other which is a problem for sure.

info@kemedress.cominfo@kemedress.com

kemedress@gmail.comkemedress@gmail.com

When looking I also discovered a telephone number for your company that was listed via google - see the photo below. I realize you added your address which is located in the UK but to be honest I have no idea where you are located and the phone number is listed in China which unfortunately China is not an eligible country for the Verified Merchant Program at this time.

Kemedress Information - GoogleKemedress Information - Google

While I understand that there could be an explanation for these issues. As I am sure you know, when you are selling online on a large platform such as Pinterest you must allow other users | and potential customers to make informed decisions about what they are purchasing and who they are purchasing from meaning that you must be transparent. If you have two sites, two emails, and two sets of policies for the same company then there is a real potential for problems.

I cannot be 100% certain that the above are the reasons that your status was removed and for your information, I never guarantee or promise anything only that I will look at the site to try and help you determine what the potential issues could be. I have no access to the VMP Team | Policy Team and the decision to bring your business back into the program rests entirely with them.

What I would suggest if you decide you want to try and get re-verified is that you file a ticket with @PinterestSupport  and have them review your account. 

I hope this helps.

Lisa

0 Kudos
dunobjects

Hello, 

I have recently started my shopify online shop and applied as a merchant to Pinterest for the first time. My application wasn't approved and the recommendations are as follows: 

• Make sure your delivery policy is clearly visible and easy to find on your website
  • Make sure your returns policy is easy to find on your website. If you don't accept returns, this must be clearly stated as well
  • Ensure that your domain has an authentic 'About us' section, functional social media links and up-to-date contact information

Almost all of these already were on my website. I have links to my Shipping and Returns Policy as links in the footer of every page. Also, there are links to these in every product description. The Returns policy is very clear to me. I have an "About" link on the top of every page.  The only thing I can think of was I only had Instagram as a social media link to the bottom of the pages. 

I have made the changes below already and I would love to know if these are ok as I don't want to use all of my permissions to appeal.

-added pinterest and facebook as social media links to the footer of the pages

-added Pinterest in my Privacy Policy

-added my email address as a clickable email link to every product description.

My website is https://www.dunobjects.com

I'd hugely appreciate your help! Thanks so much. 

0 Kudos