Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

New Pin Metrics

owlbbaking
Loves to help
Labels (2)

This might be more of a question for @PinterestGabby  😉 but I thought others might have wondered this as well. 

I notice that when I launch a brand new pin, I see a surge in metrics within the first hour or so and then they stay about the same from there and hardly grow after time (for the most part).

For instance, I dropped a new video pin last night around 10pmEST and got 3.7k impressions in the first hour of release but it has stayed at 3.7k since then.

I'm assuming the counts are so high because your followers see the pin first, but wanted to confirm that. And then, anyone who searches relevant key terms would hopefully see it thereafter? 

I'm certainly not expecting the count of impressions to grow wildly ever hour but it just seems odd that I get so many in that short span of time after I hit publish, and then growth is super slow. 

Does that make sense? 

Thank youuu!!

3 Kudos
6 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Hey there Liz, that's a good question & I'm curious to hear the answer from @PinterestGabby !

0 Kudos
angellawery
Posts regularly

Hi Liz! I've noticed that too. I have a few video pins that their stats say the original first day Impressions, but in my analytics they're showing a much higher number. I assume it's because of the Saves Impressions being added to it. 

It seems video pins are pushed out and then fade away after a 24 hour period from what I've experienced.

My viewed video pins have zero stats for the last 7 days. I created them over 2 weeks ago. 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for flagging, @owlbbaking and @angellawery! I've shared this feedback with our internal team and they're investigating. 🔎

2 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Thanks for your input @angellawery glad it's not just me! And thanks @PinterestGabby for helping pass this feedback along!! Appreciate you listening & coordinating!! 😊

2 Kudos
mypureplants
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby ,

has this been investigated? Or is this the normal behavior? I'm just curios as I noticed that the NEW version of "See more stats" on individual Pin level and now I can see the Impressions, Pin Clicks, Outbound Clicks etc stats on day by day basis which is really helpful. Now this brings me to the big question mark as now it is revealed (what I've only suspected beforehand) that basically all of my new pins are only getting impressions (8-10k) for the very first day when it is published and then it dies down immediately. Whereas the older ones (1-2 yrs) are getting steady impressions + clicks. Am I missing something?? I try to accommodate all the given recommendations (fresh pins + urls..etc.) when it comes to pin creation....but still no real result for the efforts.

2 Kudos
voxdominus
Just visiting

Hi Liz! I've noticed that too.

0 Kudos