Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Music for Idea Pins

TSbyJacki
Just visiting

Hi! I am curious if there is a way to have a smoother transition for the provided music, from page to page.

The music stops and has a little blip and doesn't just flow through, as it may on other apps. I know I can add all my story clips as one page and that problem won't happen, but thought we should have a few pages? What are some thoughts and ideas here? Thanks! 

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi there @TSbyJacki and @freshpinscreators! Welcome to the PBC! Sorry for the delay to answer your questions.

@TSbyJacki  I think using one slide is okay, just remember the 60 second limit. Most of my pins are one slide and I don't see any loss of impressions or engagements. Your 'Banana Custard Toast' Idea Pin might be a good example of using one slide, the music will flow easily. The down side would be the inability to fast forward or replay a portion of your Idea Pin. In that case several slides make more sense. You'll have to decide what would be easier for your audience and what would hold their attention longer. The pause in music might not be an issue if it means keeping your audience engaged and having the ability to replay one slide. Your 'Malted Buddy Buddies' Idea Pin is an example.

As for the pause in the music between slides, I would say it's most likely a limitation, at least for the time being. Hopefully in the near future it will become less and less obvious.

@freshpinscreators  I've seen this asked before, I don't use the iOS or Android app for music, but I'll try to update you if I hear something has changed.

Here is a form to request a new feature, they would be happy to hear your feedback. I hope this helps both of you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
freshpinscreators
Posts regularly

I agree and I want to add that it would be perfect if we could "save" the music that we like in different folders, or add a tag, or anything similar to organize the music we like and find it quicker. Or just a list of "recently used" songs would help. Now I struggle a lot to find the music that I liked because I have the name but then it's hard to find it on the app.
Thanks!
Maria

3 Kudos
TSbyJacki
Just visiting

Such great points Maria! Especially with the way other platforms utilize music and make it available.

Thank you for adding to this topic!

3 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi there @TSbyJacki and @freshpinscreators! Welcome to the PBC! Sorry for the delay to answer your questions.

@TSbyJacki  I think using one slide is okay, just remember the 60 second limit. Most of my pins are one slide and I don't see any loss of impressions or engagements. Your 'Banana Custard Toast' Idea Pin might be a good example of using one slide, the music will flow easily. The down side would be the inability to fast forward or replay a portion of your Idea Pin. In that case several slides make more sense. You'll have to decide what would be easier for your audience and what would hold their attention longer. The pause in music might not be an issue if it means keeping your audience engaged and having the ability to replay one slide. Your 'Malted Buddy Buddies' Idea Pin is an example.

As for the pause in the music between slides, I would say it's most likely a limitation, at least for the time being. Hopefully in the near future it will become less and less obvious.

@freshpinscreators  I've seen this asked before, I don't use the iOS or Android app for music, but I'll try to update you if I hear something has changed.

Here is a form to request a new feature, they would be happy to hear your feedback. I hope this helps both of you.

0 Kudos
TSbyJacki
Just visiting

Hi @michaelbliss! Thank you so much for your reply and ideas! Appreciate it.

1 Kudo