Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Motivation & Content Creating

TheSereneCorner
Posts regularly

Following the Creator Community Kick-Off Event yesterday, I wanted to have a conversation that inspired me during the event. That was the discussion about how creators are staying motivated to create content with the increased demand of content online. 

I'm reopening this conversation and hope to hear from you all. How are you staying motivated to create content?

For me, I found that I cannot solely depend on motivation to develop consistent content. I have found that the thing keeping me consistent has been self-discipline. You aren't always going to feel motivated and it is unrealistic to depend on this feeling (in my opinion). When there is a lack of motivation, I find myself pushing forward because I have a purpose I am trying to pursue online. Discipline helps me remember that purpose and motivates me to get things done even when I do not feel u to it. This does not mean forcing yourself to do things, for me, this means developing a systems of operation I can fall back on when I am not feeling motivated. 

Systems of operations for me include time blocking, scheduled content batching days and scheduling research development days. This can vary from person to person, but overall when you are a content creator without a team you can only depend on yourself. That means buckling down and getting things done whether you're motivated to or not. 

I hope this helps and I cannot wait to hear more about how you stay motivated to develop content online.

I am wishing you all online success. -Serenity | The Serene Corner LLC

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@TheSereneCorner 

Hi 

I just read your post and wanted to respond with what keeps me motivated but I do want to say that I appreciate your honesty more to the point "You aren't always going to feel motivated and it is unrealistic to depend on this feeling (in my opinion)."  I completely agree with that and I wish more people would admit the same as opposed to always presenting a perfect "I'm On" all the time.

What Motivates me is split in two pieces for two different reasons.

Personal Motivation:

I am a Certified Trainer | Coach for what is now 10 years. A lot of my personal motivation I keep for myself (selfish) when I go to the gym and on some days what I need to get me to the gym (motivation conversation). 

Content Creation Motivation:

I am always a little challenged when it comes to creating content - I have tried as a Trainer to do video in the gym but that doesn't really work for me and from my perspective if your really working out no stop and go then the last thing you are worried about is capturing it on camera. 

I find it difficult to fall into the Creator Line when it comes to content surrounding fitness, I often find that a lot of the content is more of a spectacle and largely false very one sided where women are concerned instead of informative and helpful. I have begun to use debunking fitness myths as my source of motivation for new content, ensuring that I somehow set the record straight. I am still learning how to pull it together ... creating content that is informative and helpful works best for me. In terms of how? I use a digital calendar and do a lot of "idea digesting" including research on my ideas, sometimes I am successful and sometimes not so much.

I hope this makes sense and offers you some insight into what motivates creators.

Lisa.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
6 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@TheSereneCorner 

Hi 

I just read your post and wanted to respond with what keeps me motivated but I do want to say that I appreciate your honesty more to the point "You aren't always going to feel motivated and it is unrealistic to depend on this feeling (in my opinion)."  I completely agree with that and I wish more people would admit the same as opposed to always presenting a perfect "I'm On" all the time.

What Motivates me is split in two pieces for two different reasons.

Personal Motivation:

I am a Certified Trainer | Coach for what is now 10 years. A lot of my personal motivation I keep for myself (selfish) when I go to the gym and on some days what I need to get me to the gym (motivation conversation). 

Content Creation Motivation:

I am always a little challenged when it comes to creating content - I have tried as a Trainer to do video in the gym but that doesn't really work for me and from my perspective if your really working out no stop and go then the last thing you are worried about is capturing it on camera. 

I find it difficult to fall into the Creator Line when it comes to content surrounding fitness, I often find that a lot of the content is more of a spectacle and largely false very one sided where women are concerned instead of informative and helpful. I have begun to use debunking fitness myths as my source of motivation for new content, ensuring that I somehow set the record straight. I am still learning how to pull it together ... creating content that is informative and helpful works best for me. In terms of how? I use a digital calendar and do a lot of "idea digesting" including research on my ideas, sometimes I am successful and sometimes not so much.

I hope this makes sense and offers you some insight into what motivates creators.

Lisa.

2 Kudos
happycodelucky
Just visiting

Definitely appreciate the honesty in this post. I have to work on discipline. I haven't fully embraced content creation just yet, but I'm working on it. I appreciate the tips offered. 

1 Kudo
TheSereneCorner
Posts regularly

Thank you for taking the time to give your perspective! I think you taking time to find a position within your niche that can inspire and motivate you is a great takeaway and many can learn a lot from that. I think success is definitely a roller coaster and has its ups and downs, so don't let that stop or halt your journey. 

I appreciate your response and am always wishing you online success. 

-Serenity

1 Kudo
TheSereneCorner
Posts regularly

Of course! Content creation is definitely a long game and not a short game, so take as much time you need to get comfortable. 

Wishing you online success ☺️

-Serenity

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@TheSereneCorner - What an awesome share!

I am also in camp "Time block and get it done!" when it comes to content. Sometimes I'm super-motivated to create; other times not so much, but I start anyway - and just starting usually gets me into the groove.

Oh, and coffee. Coffee helps a LOT! lol 

Loved your share. Very inspiring. Thank you! 

2 Kudos
TheSereneCorner
Posts regularly

Coffee helps sooo much! Time blocking has changed my life and helped my work/life balance. I value your input so much Jana. Thank you for taking time to read and respond.

Wishing you online success always 💛

-Serenity | The Serene Corner LLC

1 Kudo