Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Massive drop of Impressions

froileinjuno
Just visiting

My impression rate has now dropped from 75k to 10k. I post high quality pins with good text and images. I also have some video pins. Even Idea Pins I have three, although I don't think anything of them so far because I can't link to my blog or my store. Does anyone have any tips for me on what I can do better?
I have to honestly say that I'm so frustrated with Pinterest that I don't really want to continue anymore, because Pinterest is no longer a valuable source of traffic and inspiration for me. 😞

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-01 um 20.34.48.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @froileinjuno 

I visited your profile page and I see many areas that you can improve on so you're not frustrated with your current results. 

I have reached out to @PinterestJazmin if I am allowed to share information outside the Pinterest's help center. I teach businesses how to be successful on Pinterest and Pinterest does not currently offer best practices you need to know today. A lot has changed these past few months. 

Here's just a few I've noticed you to improve on:

1. Inject your most important keyword. There are six areas where you need to inject them.

2. Add text overlay on your images. What is the image about? Answer WIIFM 🙂 Why should your target audience care?

3. Make sure your pins are in keeing with the content of the board. For example  you should avoid pinning this image to this board because it is misleading. This is a product, not a helpful tip, it's not a "How to" post. The board is about "how to" so only pin images that is actually helpful. Pinners don't want to be misled and when you do they will surely leave. Building trust is vital. 

4. Make improvements on your Idea Pins

5. Are you pinning consistently every week? 

6. Are you aware of Pinterest's algorithm? 

I can go on and on but that's a start. 

If you don't want to keep up with Pinterest's best practices then invest in ads. But one thing I will tell you is that when it comes to ads your images need to be great. You can throw a lot of money in ads but if your images don't wow your audience you'll waste your money. Bottom line your images and videos need to really inspire your audience. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @froileinjuno 

I visited your profile page and I see many areas that you can improve on so you're not frustrated with your current results. 

I have reached out to @PinterestJazmin if I am allowed to share information outside the Pinterest's help center. I teach businesses how to be successful on Pinterest and Pinterest does not currently offer best practices you need to know today. A lot has changed these past few months. 

Here's just a few I've noticed you to improve on:

1. Inject your most important keyword. There are six areas where you need to inject them.

2. Add text overlay on your images. What is the image about? Answer WIIFM 🙂 Why should your target audience care?

3. Make sure your pins are in keeing with the content of the board. For example  you should avoid pinning this image to this board because it is misleading. This is a product, not a helpful tip, it's not a "How to" post. The board is about "how to" so only pin images that is actually helpful. Pinners don't want to be misled and when you do they will surely leave. Building trust is vital. 

4. Make improvements on your Idea Pins

5. Are you pinning consistently every week? 

6. Are you aware of Pinterest's algorithm? 

I can go on and on but that's a start. 

If you don't want to keep up with Pinterest's best practices then invest in ads. But one thing I will tell you is that when it comes to ads your images need to be great. You can throw a lot of money in ads but if your images don't wow your audience you'll waste your money. Bottom line your images and videos need to really inspire your audience. 

0 Kudos
froileinjuno
Just visiting

Thanks for the reply and the effort you made.
There are certainly still adjusting screws that I can turn here and there, but nothing so far explains the massive loss of impressions!!!! I have fallen even further within 24 hours to now 8k. A few more days and I'll be at under 1k impressions a month and then I really don't need to continue.

Under no circumstances will I advertise again under these conditions. I have done this several times, but I will not place any more ads on a platform that punishes me so much. I am an artist/content creator and run a small online business, shouldn't someone like me be one of Pinterest's favorite users? 😞

I use good titles and descriptions and also use the other SEO relevant areas, I have good images and I post regularly. And as I said Idea Pins bring me nothing at all, because I need traffic to my store page and can not link out of the Idea Pins.

So I'm at my wit's end and I wish I could find the solution, but Pinterest really doesn't make sense for me anymore and I'm afraid many people feel the same way I do. It's just completely frustrating when you really make an effort and nothing comes out off it, on the contrary, the statistics are getting worse and worse.

Look at my newer created pins and how little impression they have. So for 2 impressions in 30 days, I really do not have to make the effort to create any more pins.
Pinterest is probably dead for me. 😞 

2 Kudos
faithfilledinfl
Just visiting

I can understand your frustration. 

I manage more than one account (for clients) and they are doing well in impressions, pin clicks and pin click throughs. 

My personal site has gone done suddenly by over 500,000 impressions. 

I have not changed my stragegy. 

It seems as if I have been intentionally "slowed" down - which Pinterest can do. 

I do not know "why" Pinterest has slowed down my reach drastically. 

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @froileinjuno 

Did you ever use Facebook before Pinterest? If you did, do you remember when FB made an official announcement that you gotta pay to play? Pinterest is no different today. 

Pinterest needs to please their investors. That means Pinterest will reward those that will pay them.

Gone are the days of "free ride". It is what it is. I'm the only one basically telling the truth.  I offer Pinterest management services and I sell courses too and this is what I am telling everybody before they invest their time on Pinterest. 

If you think that you can find success elsewhere then I recommend that you quit Pinterest because it has completely changed this year. 

0 Kudos
froileinjuno
Just visiting

Thank you for your feedback, but that's where the cat bites the bag (German proverb). I have actually regularly placed ads, but in the end no longer had the desired success with it, but only burned money.

I would also never come up with the idea to place ads if the platform organically works zero. I have pins for example that have 3 impressions in the last 30 days, although it is high quality SEO optimized content. I do not place an ad on it, for what then?

However, I find it interesting that my impression has fallen further and further. In two months from 75k to 6k. Since I shut down Pinterest and just don't do anything anymore, my impression number at least doesn't drop any further. Well...

0 Kudos