Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pins not receiving likes

smitasreen
Just visiting
Labels (4)

Why are my pins not given likes but only impressions, pin clicks and saves. Although I try new content every time it is not given like. Please can u advice me what can I do to get them. Thank u.

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @smitasreen! It's my opinion that Pinterest pinners are more accustomed to saving content that they like - versus "liking" it.

The platform has a long history of being a place where people *save* content that inspires them... or that they want to re-visit later and take action on. 

So, saves are really a great thing for your account - and they show people like your pins! 

I would focus on that, and not worry too much about "likes."

All that said, if there is some reason why you really want the likes, you could consider using a CTA (call to action) to ask people to "like if they are inspired" or something... but again, I don't think that's really a metric that ties back to the goals most people have on Pinterest.

But of course, you get to decide what your goals are, so you could certainly give that a shot if it's important to you! 

I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @smitasreen! It's my opinion that Pinterest pinners are more accustomed to saving content that they like - versus "liking" it.

The platform has a long history of being a place where people *save* content that inspires them... or that they want to re-visit later and take action on. 

So, saves are really a great thing for your account - and they show people like your pins! 

I would focus on that, and not worry too much about "likes."

All that said, if there is some reason why you really want the likes, you could consider using a CTA (call to action) to ask people to "like if they are inspired" or something... but again, I don't think that's really a metric that ties back to the goals most people have on Pinterest.

But of course, you get to decide what your goals are, so you could certainly give that a shot if it's important to you! 

I hope this helps. 

1 Kudo
smitasreen
Just visiting

Thank u very much for ur reply to my question.My intention was why other pins had many likes whereas inspite of me creating new idea pins on different topics had only views and saves.I was concerned thinking people are not liking them but are only randomly saving them.I hope everyone likes my pins as it takes time to create them and liking them would only boost up.Thank u or ur sincere reply.Have a good day🙂👍

0 Kudos
smegladon2009

I totally agree many pictures only get pin clicks and not enough likes or comments ! 

0 Kudos