Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Idea Pins Takes: this is interesting...

isabelledias
Loves to help

Hey there, everyone! 

An interesting thing is happening in one of my Idea Pins, and I would love your perspective on it. 

I posted with a very clear CTA for takes. It was the first time I did something like this, so I was testing to understand how my audience would react to it. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 10.01.29 AM.png

THE GOOD NEWS is that they are doing takes on the Idea Pin like it's no one's business. 

THE NOT-SO-GOOD-I-FEEL-CONFUSED NEWS is that the takes have nothing to do with the Idea Pin itself. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 9.59.50 AM.png

I don't know how to feel about it.

Was this a win? A lesson to not do it anymore in the future?

Should I keep encouraging my audience to do takes, even if they have nothing to do with the Idea Pin?

I would love your thoughts on it! 

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@isabelledias While this is certainly comical, I feel like any engagement is a win and will drive more traffic to your account. 
I haven’t had much luck with takes at all! My audience either doesn’t have that option available or just doesn’t “get it” ha! 

keep doing what you’re doing! 

View solution in original post

7 Kudos
7 Replies
mycancerchic
Problem-solver

So intriguing I’ve seen the exact same thing on so many peoples pages.  I think the audience hasn’t learned how to use takes or what the purpose is really for so they’re experimenting which is great 

6 Kudos
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

@isabelledias While this is certainly comical, I feel like any engagement is a win and will drive more traffic to your account. 
I haven’t had much luck with takes at all! My audience either doesn’t have that option available or just doesn’t “get it” ha! 

keep doing what you’re doing! 

7 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I'm a firm believer any engagement is good engagement (positive, negative, and in this case, unrelated) 🙂 because it boosts your Idea Pin even more. 

I feel like I'm seeing a lot of "Takes high-jacking" because people are add their Takes to Idea Pins in order to get themselves more visibility. 

It reminds me of when every blogger started using Group Boards as a way to "beat the system."

The comments on your Idea Pin though seem relevant–that's great! 

7 Kudos
isabelledias
Loves to help

It's comical, and I am having fun with it, haha. But you are right, and it will probably bring more traffic to the account. Thank you for your perspective, @everydaylifewithlaura!

6 Kudos
isabelledias
Loves to help

Yes!! It gives a group board feel! Love that perspective thank you @hostesstori 

3 Kudos
isabelledias
Loves to help

We will have to hold on tight and educate our audience during this process! Thank you, Anna! @mycancerchic 

5 Kudos
KaileysMonogramShop
Loves to help

My followers’s feedback - they clicked the plus sign and their phones opened up to video mode - became totally confused and backed out 

1 Kudo